Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urgent Help Needed! - Wiring

forde

Hey,

Im putting an amp in my yaris, and i need to know where can i run the power lead through from the engine bay into the car.

My car has aircon, so the place that you can usually use is not available. Any help would be much appreciated my car is in bits at the minute plus i have no stereo at all till this amps in!!

Cheers! :thumbsup:

if you look on the passenger side of the engine bay about half way down, there's a rubber grommet there it's about 3-4 inches and round, put you wire through there.

I found it easier to pull part of the grommet out to get the wire in rather than cut one of the nibs of.

You may need to take the glovebox out (squeeze the sides and it comes out).

The wire will be behind the dash and you will need do feel around for it.

Easier after you've done it a few times.

There is also a grommet the drivers side as well, might be easier to get to compared to the passenger side, if u look up into the drivers foot well you should see it :thumbsup:

I wacked a screw driver in gromet tht armored was talking about then pulled it up and pushed wire in until it ended up on passenger footwell!

Thanks guys, i think i saw the grommet you mean, its a massive one and it has two rubbery bits sticking out of it?

i pulled at it, but i couldnt get it out... ill have another go though...

Another question, my amp is under the drivers seat, where could i earth it to? I was thinking about the subframe of the seat.

that's the one with the 2 rubber bits sticking out.

it's not the easiest to get out, use a blunt knife and prise one side, it's the way it's connected that makes it difficult.

you could try the subframe, or even the bolt for your seatbelts (on the pillar not at side of seat)

Haha yeah and you can also have under-seat heating!!!! I have aircon and used the gromit on the top right of the engine bay as you look at it from the front. Only difference is mine runs down the wiring track to what is technically known as a 'boot', but on a yaris is more like a glovebox.

Just be careful its not run where peoples feet are all the time, or behind the pedals, or near the steering column, or in the way of the seat rails... etc etc, as you don't want to be driving down the motorway and suddenly everything shorts out because a worn wire makes contact with the body of the car and earths out... Boom!! :crybaby: