Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tmic Top Mounted Intercooler Coolant

Faz_GT4

Hi, :help:

Does anyone know what coolant is best for putting into the standard TMIC Top Mounted Intercooler on an imported GT4 ST205?

I've read that the standard intercooler is an air to water cooler, and just needs water. I am not too sure about this tho. I've read that i need toyota red coolant and is the best. I asked toyota about this, they say they are not sure about this car, and they think i should put radiator fluid, but if i want red coolant, they have it in stock.

All i want to do, is clean out my intercooler, which requires removing it, cleaning it out with petrol to removes the dirt/grease, then replace it all, and top up the fluid, but i don't know what to put in there. :ffs:

People talk about upgrading, or moving the intercooler to the front, so they must know. Maybe this is an easy question, and i am the only person in the world who doesn't know the answer, but i thought i'd ask anyway. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks to all my fellow GT4 owners out there (and MR2 and Supra dudes who might also be able to help). :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey man, you just need normal engine coolant nothing more nothing less.

Don't put tap water in it or it'll get filled with limescale like your kettle... :D

As for people talking about moving the intercooler to the front, I think you've mis-read a bit there. Their talking about completely removing the standard charge cooler system (Water Cooled intercooler) and replacing it with a front mount Air to Air Intercooler. :thumbsup:

sketchy has covered it... standard toyota coolant. :)

And come on bro.. show us some pics of your black beast! Looks greta in the avatar... :)

Oh yea and when you refill it make sure you top it up with the engine running.

Fillup as normal with engine off, then start engine and blip the throttle.

You'll see the fluid level drop as the water pump kicks in. Topup fluid to neck of filler cap then put the cap on.

The way the system is setup the pump only activates when the throttle is pressed, once off throttle the pump stays on for 30 seconds then stops until the throttle opens again.

So you've gotta have either 5 hands to keep blipping the throttle while topping up the level, or blip throttle top up sharpish and get the cap on again before the pump cuts. :thumbsup:

You'll see the fluid level drop as the water pump kicks in. Topup fluid to neck of filler cap then put the cap on.

The way the system is setup the pump only activates when the throttle is pressed, once off throttle the pump stays on for 30 seconds then stops until the throttle opens again.

So you've gotta have either 5 hands to keep blipping the throttle while topping up the level, or blip throttle top up sharpish and get the cap on again before the pump cuts. :thumbsup:

Cheers Mate. :thumbsup::toast::yahoo:

or just pull the throttle whilst under the bonnet saves running round and is only 300mm from the CC filler :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links