Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bloody Car Thieves :(

JohnnyBoy

Do not leave your sat-nav holder stuck to your windscreen.. this is what i woke upto this morning...

dsc00271ng9.jpg

No.. they couldn't just have used a good old fashioned brick so i only have to pay £60 for a new window.. ooooooh no no no as can be seen i have to pay £400 because the b*****s decided to use a crowbar which has bent the window frame and chipped a biiiiig section of paint off.

They didn't even steal anything because there was nothing to steal and they didn't get into the car thanks to the deadlocks, they just opened the glovebox to find a lovely Yaris manual. :ffs:

Grrr :angry:

sorry to see this mate and that you've learnt the hard way.

petty thieves see a sat nav holder as a gift as a lot of people leave the system in the car

hope it gets fixed without drama

Sh***t.. That doesnt look good at all. Sorry to hear bout that mate. I was always told to even take off the sat nav holder, and wipe the windscreen where the holder was stuck on. Then it leaves no marks and no one knows uve even got one.

Blatenly some chav... they always causin trouble :ffs:

:ffs: B@stards !!!

Why use the crowbar on the window frame why not just use it to smash the window !!

Yeah also, its worth just checking that nobody watches you take the holder off and do the wiping, as a friend of mine had her car broke into for her sat nav, and there was a gang of scumbags lurking near the car when she was taking it off the window.

I tend to take it off just before i get to my destination if i know i'm going somewhere teeming with scroats.

Sorry to see the damage to your T-pot though, some people have no respect!! :censor:

Sorry to see the damage to your car. What scumbags. :ffs: I always leave the bracket for my Snooper in my car.....wondering whether I should start taking it out. :unsure:

Yeah after looking at that wonder if should take snooper bracket out to!

Sorry to hear that mate, wonder why they didnt just smash window?

Ever tried smashing a car window?

More difficult than it looks: may take several goes. With a crowbar, I suspect they used several blows and hit the frame with one (probably when clearing the broken glass)

Well you know how we all feel about these scum - there are no words.

I agree car windows not easy to break unless you use ninja rocks. I reckon they wedged the bar in at the bent part and then tried to prise the glass in (a bit remains in the seal at this point I note)? ?

Did your alarm go off or do you have it set for non activation internally?

When you pressed your remote central locking did the indicators flash 3 times instead of twice to indicate the security had been breeched?

I’m surprised you left the sat nav holder in place; you may as well have a day glow neon sign on your roof saying “I’m Over Here”

Bad luck anyway :angry:

As said bad luck with that, pity you've learnt the hard way to remove even the holder and wipe the marks from the suction cups off of the screen.

Think the button must be twice to activate the internal sensors IIRC.

Also the reason why the crowbar was jammed in there is because with a tap of a hammer on the crowbar or swift tug the glass will shatter and do so pretty quietly, whereas whacking the glass or a brick through it is quite the opposite.

As said bad luck with that, pity you've learnt the hard way to remove even the holder and wipe the marks from the suction cups off of the screen.

Think the button must be twice to activate the internal sensors IIRC.

Also the reason why the crowbar was jammed in there is because with a tap of a hammer on the crowbar or swift tug the glass will shatter and do so pretty quietly, whereas whacking the glass or a brick through it is quite the opposite.

Matty, you seem to know alot about this :P

Feel real sorry for you mate. Some !Removed! smashed my rear window on my old car and it takes forever to get rid of all the glass.

People that do these things should be :censor: shot. They dont deserve prison. :ffs:

Pro would have just used a spring loaded centre punch B)

The annoying thing is I NEVER normally leave the sat-nav holder on the windscreen :blink: I usually take it off before i park up.. i am usually so so cautious!

The alarm didn't go off because i turned the interior sensor off (pressed the fob 3 times) as my alarm is sooooo sensitive.. saying that after it had happened i turned the sensitivity right up, pressed the fob twice, waved my hands through the window and it didn't go off. Odd.

The police contacted me and have taken a few fingerprints off the car - i'm obviously not expecting to hear anything about that but they seemed very keen, apparently Nottinghamshire police are taking all car crime very seriously.. he also said to not only take the holder off but rub the marks off the windscreen.

Anywho Inchcape Toyota have got the parts in now so my little T-pot will be fixed next week! :D

Haha, its amazing what you learn when you work in the motor trade. I doubt anyone clever enough to think of using a punch hammer would break into cars aswell :lol:

Anyway just noticed that its happened in Notts, I have heard about many police forces warning against Sat Nav and Camera Deterrent thefts from cars and been handing flyers out lately in car parks etc.

The alarm didn't go off because i turned the interior sensor off (pressed the fob 3 times) as my alarm is sooooo sensitive..

saying that after it had happened i turned the sensitivity right up, pressed the fob twice, waved my hands through the window and it didn't go off. Odd.

Pressed it 3 times? Opps! :wacko:

There is a little black box under the dash on the passenger side with a dial on it. Turn it a quarter of a turn anti clockwise and see if that turns it down a touch.

It takes 28/30 seconds after setting the alarm before the sensors are activated; wave your arms about then!

Mine went off while cleaning the windscreen in a garage, I thought my ears were going to bleed it was that loud :D