Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any One Know How To .....

sphinktar1988

I would like to know how to wire a starter button, i'm after one as my cigar lighter isn't working

I would like to know how to wire a starter button, i'm after one as my cigar lighter isn't working

Funny that, I took out the starter button blanking plug on mine to fit a extra power socket for the sat nav!

All you need to do is find the 'start' wire at the ignition switch (or anywhere that is handy (starter solenoid is one place but not that handy!)).

Wire 1 side of the button to this wire and the other side of the button to a 'beefy enough' ignition live (on when key is on).

I used to use an ignition live to feed a relay with the negitive side of the relay coil connected to the 'charge' light wire from the alternator. The relay switched a fused Battery live to the button. This method made the button 'dead' when the engine is running (some alternator faults also made the button dead, but then you needed to change the alternator anyway or be stuck with a dead Battery miles from anywhere! (pre mobile phone days!!) showing my age now!).

Why?

There's no benefit to starter button - you'll still need to turn the key to disengage the steering lock and to "prime" the electrics. All you're doing is adding an extra stage to the starting procedure :huh:

As regards a second rev counter (again, pretty damn pointless) you'd be better off looking at some of the threads here. The linked one will be a good starting place.

Good luck - I guess...

A

Is there not a rev counter in your dash already? I think the digital dash in the yaris is trick enough anyway.

Another rev counter would look a bit silly. By a bit silly i mean brutally, horribly awful.

Seriously, spend the cash on something with class man.

Whats the point of fitting an extra rev counter to a 1.3 SR ?

Surley the rev counter would come with instructions on how to fit it ?

got them free off a mate n im mounting it in the lil compartment above the glovebox, all my mates moan that they cnt see ow fast im going so im puttin a rev counter n speedo in, jst a few thing im puttin in to make it diffrent really. not to everyones taste i suppose

wtf??? lol............ i smell a boy racer lol

Not necersarily!

Each to there own and if you wanna do it fella, you go right on and do so!! :thumbsup:

Even if he is a boy racer least he has nice car!

Own the corsa's and saxo's mate lol!

If your going to put additional counters in put in voltmeter and temperature!!

AD

Imo do water temperature and oil pressure :thumbsup: Or personally i would fit an A/FM so i could tell if my car was running lean etc! Tbh i don't see why your mates need to see how fast you're going? However i would quite like a needle rev gauge as they look good and give more accurate rpm read outs but it's low down on my list of wants! :P I'm pretty sure if you search there is a link to another site which tells you how to fit the rev gauge! If i remember it is something to do with the port under steering wheel? OBD port maybe?

aye im guna ave a bash at it n if i cnt do it ill flog it got it for free so shud make a gud bit of money back on it, on eBay they range from £30-£70 :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links