Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yts Wheels

Nash

I know yous might think I'm stupid but today i put my yaris ts on the jack and unbolted the 4 studs on the front wheel...i tried to then pull the wheel off but it would not budge!! I noticed under the silver toyota cap there is some kind of bolt thingy..does that need to come off before the wheel will?? If so how do i get it off?? :ffs:

Cheers :

Alright mate,

I had the same trouble the other day, i handnt cleaned my wheels for a few months, and when i did finally clean them the other day, the front wheels were a rite !Removed! 2 get off, so 1st- i was tryin to wriggle it n stuff,and it just would not shift!! So then i decided to use the palm of my hand, and hit the one side of the wheel. which then levered the other side up, breaking it free from bein stuck.

It mite work for you mate, it mite not, its just what i did.

Good Luck in getting them off :thumbsup:

Tom!!

Hi nash

Yes mate just give it a good whack with your palm of your hand mate. The wheel is just stiff as you haven't had the wheel off before.

jerry!!

"I noticed under the silver toyota cap there is some kind of bolt thingy..does that need to come off before the wheel will??"

That is the nut that holds your wheel bearings and hub to your axle. don't mess with it unless you know what your doing.

there are only 4 bolts holding your wheel to the hub. anything else is probably gunk or corrosion

yeah dont mess with that or the entire hub will drop off.

mine were buggers to get off at first so i just put my leg under the car a kick it off from the rear.

WORD OF WARNING

use a good trolly jack when doin this, dont use the deathly scissor/side jack or ya may end up knocking it over and hurting yaself - or worst still, breaking the car! ;)

or better still invest in a pair of axle stands :thumbsup:

Cheers for the replies thats really helped....Im gonna take the wheels off at the weekend now that I know it just takes a good whack to get them off......I mite aswell paint the calipers while im at it!!

While I'm here I might aswell tell you's I've ordered some TSW rib 17 x 7 ....apparently they only came out of friday..im still waiting for them to get delivered!! I searched the net to find out who else does them and there is only 1 company in america( http://www.winstonsarea51.com/tswrib.html )!!! Anyway I will be posting the pics when i eventually get them on!! :thumbsup:

yeah make sure ya do thats a good looking rim.

what ya doin bout ya suspension??? :huh:

Are those 5 Stud alloys going to fit on your YTS? I have the YSR and that only has 4 stud wheels, so wondered if this was going to cause you any problems.

Am in the market for some nice 16s but all the ones I like were 5 studs and therefore (so i thought anyway) won't fit my Yaris.

Let me know as would be useful info

They look nice though, so hope I'm just talking rubbish

Pav

I got my wheels on today...they look awesome....I noticed they were a five stud on the pic but the ones that were ordered were only four stud....I think TSW make all their wheels in either 4 or 5 stud. I'm not sure what to do with the suspension yet cos it looks fine now and there is no scrubbing on the arches....the place i bought the alloys from quoted me about 60 quid labour for fitting lowering springs which is not bad...

I will post the pics tomorrow.... :yes: :P

Btw, I have had the same problem with my corolla also and even the kick were not working. Then I just put bolts back on but didn't trimmed them all the way (just making sure, that they couldn't come off). Then I drove the car for couple of meters and stopped sudenly(sometime you have to repeat this move and the hand brake or the wheel spin could be needed). This was a problem solver for me, to get off my winter wheelrims, witch were rusted on to my car.