Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo Aygo

aygo vvti

Hi guys as title say im fitting a turbo to my aygo , by next week it will be fit and running! today i brought back the sump (took it to weld a piece of pipe for the oil return) and tomorrow i will be getting the manifold flange and the one to go on the turbo so im hoping that by monday or tuesday it will be ready! I will be useing an IHI Rhb32 turbo from the Daihatsu Gtti with 6psi boost for the moment so im not going for big power, then might consider changing pistons (if i find any) and increase boost upto 12psi.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aygo vvti

• Jan van de Wouw

• PaulT

• Brolly

Sounds great!

Are you going without an intercooler, and what controller are you using (or is it mechanical boost control)?

Is that Daihatsu also using a 1KR-FE?

Paul.

Sounds like fun. Looking forward to hearing how you get on

im fitting a turbo to my aygo

Why??!!

In Malta?

You can’t go any quicker than 20mph before you end up the other side of the island and in the sea!

:lol:

Sounds great!

Are you going without an intercooler, and what controller are you using (or is it mechanical boost control)?

Is that Daihatsu also using a 1KR-FE?

Paul.

I dont know if its thesame engine , here is the specs of the daihatssu charade :Petrol, water cooled, 3-cylinder, 4-cycle, 12-valve, DOHC, DVVT, 989cc Electronic Fuel Injection

No i will not be using intercooler for 6psi but if i go any higher i will need the intercooler then! About the boost controler : the turbo has a wastegate set at 6psi so no controlers. ;)

Interesting.

Is there a kit for this or have you had the manifold etc made up?

Interesting project there.. :)

Not many flat roads to travel on though in Malta... :lol: Was out there for 2 weeks working last year.

!Removed! nutty drivers! :lol: although where we stayed (near the Havana club) there were some modded motors there.. RX7's etc.. very nice.

I dont know if its thesame engine , here is the specs of the daihatssu charade :Petrol, water cooled, 3-cylinder, 4-cycle, 12-valve, DOHC, DVVT, 989cc Electronic Fuel Injection

Daihatsu is part (or wholly?) owned by Toyota, and the Aygo engine first appeared in the Sirion. But that has 996cc displacement and is a different engine to the one in the Charade.

I wonder what power you can get for 6psi, and what the limit of the standard transmission is.

Paul.

I wonder what power you can get for 6psi, and what the limit of the standard transmission is.

Paul.

A guess would say around 100bhp. Would expect the transmission would easily handle it going on usual toyota over engineering for these kind of things.

Yes i am expecting something in the region of 95 to 100 bhp with 6psi ! Booked it for monday at the silencer repair garage to manufacture the 3-1 with the flanges i just got so Monday afternoon should be running with the turbo (hoping at least). This is the latest update to the car :new wheels and paint scheme. Hope you like it ;)

No lauren there is no kit for the Aygo so i am just buying a turbo here an oil pipe there and im just putting up together a kit myself! Sometimes i think that im a bit insane messing about with a new car , but i always like my car to be different from the others and that make me do these things :eek:

aygo005.jpg

aygo006.jpg

on monday i will post pics of the turbo on the manifold when it will be ready and fitted . :thumbsup:

Paint looks good!

If I were you I'd swap the indicator bulbs for chromed

ones; makes the lights look MUCH tbetter...

I did so on mine:

Before:

Richting_Oranje.jpg

After:

Richting_Chromium.jpg

Lit:

Richting_Aan.jpg

Truly an amazing improvement...

Yes i am expecting something in the region of 95 to 100 bhp with 6psi ! Booked it for monday at the silencer repair garage to manufacture the 3-1 with the flanges i just got so Monday afternoon should be running with the turbo (hoping at least). This is the latest update to the car :new wheels and paint scheme. Hope you like it ;)

No lauren there is no kit for the Aygo so i am just buying a turbo here an oil pipe there and im just putting up together a kit myself! Sometimes i think that im a bit insane messing about with a new car , but i always like my car to be different from the others and that make me do these things :eek:

on monday i will post pics of the turbo on the manifold when it will be ready and fitted . :thumbsup:

That paint job is fantastic! I know what you mean about messing about with a new car, I keep thinking if I had bought and old one I would be doing more to mine it feels more like a rental car mine, seeing yours though so makes me want to art up mine too.

SJ

wow this sounds like a great project. what are you doing about the brakes? i like the idea with the chrome bulbs makes a huge difference. i may look into changing the bulbs.

wow this sounds like a great project. what are you doing about the brakes? i like the idea with the chrome bulbs makes a huge difference. i may look into changing the bulbs.

Thats one of my problems as the brakes on the aygo are not that good even on the standard car (partly because of the **** road surface we have over here) The abs kicks in too frequently (more than its needed imo)

I will change the bulbs after i sort out the turbo thingy ;)

Hi guys turbo fitted and running around with the car (had a big fright when i drove it the first time as i forgot to pluged the top lambda sensor and the car was doing a very nasty nise coming from the head ,and i nearly fainted :ffs: puged it in and the noise went down untill it stopped completely), Then after driving it for a while i noticed that it definetly needs more fuel as it only revs up to 4,000rpm and you feel it loosing power(i didnt try to push it further as not to damage anything)!When car is cold it runs ok(on choke) and can push it a bit more ,but when it heat up an the fuel get leaner the engine check comes on (to report the lean mixture).I will be fitting an air/fuel ratio meter to know exactly wht is happening in the engineand ,I will be fitting an 2nd ecu with the standard one so i can make the injectors stay open a bit longer and will set it up to work when the boost is on to keep economy up! The sound is really nice altough im not getting the full sound from the dump valve at the moment! The little toyota engine is a really good as i have known many friends who fitted turbo on their engine and they couldnt even run the engine as it was stalling when the throttle was opened! The anti knock sensor does its fair share too and i added a little pro-boost (octaine booster ) to the fuel as when revving it up to 4,000rpm it was very slightly pinking because of the lack of fuel (now its ok with the octaine up).

Only thing i didnt like was a bit of breathing from the breather in the top cover but it was immediately when i started the car so i suppose it was like this from before ( Can anyone please be so nice check their breather for me and confirm it was like this or not ,any oil at the botom of the breather pipe?

Tonight i will post pics i took yesterday while doing the manifold and fitting the turbo and after when it was ready. :thumbsup: and if possible the sound of the engine with the dumpvalve B)

please get the fueling sorted or youll be looking for pistons sooner than you think :thumbsup:

well done be nice to see some performance figures for this

please get the fueling sorted or youll be looking for pistons sooner than you think :thumbsup:

well done be nice to see some performance figures for this

I know but only driving upto 2,000rpm at the moment so no boost up to there :) boost start coming in at 2,500 rpm to 3,000rpm !I will sorted the as soon as possible!

Hi here are the pics from yesterday

some of the components of the kit

AYGOTURBO003.jpg

the 3-1 (sweet)

AYGOTURBO006.jpg

the turbo fitted.

AYGOTURBO004.jpg

connected to the intake with the dompvalve fitted.

AYGOTURBO005.jpg

turbo from top

AYGOTURBO007.jpg

the dumpvalve

AYGOTURBO008.jpg

Tomorrow i will try to sort out the fuel problem :yes: Hope you like the pics

ummmm nicccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... me like hehe keep it up m8

:eek: 2005 rolleyes: we ara in the yr 2007.....

could you tell me what turbo are u using ??

i think that you would need a inter cooler in the near future :

sry i didn't remembered that had all read mention the turbos name from the 1st post sry my fault

fit airfuel ratio meter and the car is a bit lean when floored ! tomorrow i will be fitting the 4th injector which will work by means of a micro switch at fuii throttle (just for the moment until the other ecu arrive)

yes i will be using a piggy back ecu that will control the 4th injector only , engine seem to be addapting to the turbo as it feels better every day that pass! still feel the need of more fuel tough :yes:

Hi guys fitted 4th injector and the car is good now ,air / fuel ratio meter showing good mixture and car is faster than it was gives good spread power all the way up to 6,000rpm ,Hope to take it on the dyno maybe next week or the one after ,but happy with the result

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links