Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Abs

GnzYza

Hi All,

As you are the guys who own them, and i am a would be buyer can i ask for your opinion/advice?

I been looking for a 1994 rev3 turbo for some time now, i have a few requisites before buying.

One is that the car has ABS, seems like an option on this year can you confirm this as every model i've come across doesn't have it. It'll have the LSD, but be missing the ABS.

Can any of you confirm that you have both, and if you have traction control and how to find out if it has traction??

Thanks in advance.

I'm not the most knowledgeable on these, but I'll have a stab as nobody else is ;)

I'm pretty sure ABS was an option on the rev 3, but I don't remember seeing one with it. Sounds like its quite rare anyway. I think the LSD was standard on the turbo by the rev 3 though. Haven't got a clue about traction control, sorry.

Maybe you'd have more luck with one of the model specific owners' clubs? IMOC or MR OC

Just seen this thread...

ABS was an option for the rev 3 GT-S modle but it came as standard with the GT model.

The problem is that the GT-S is a lot more common here as its just a tad cheaper and to be honest I hate over intrusive ABS in the winter.

LSD is standard from rev 3 onwards.

Traction control was an option but due to its cost you wont find many with it fitted.

I ran a tubby for almost 2 years without TC and ABS and i loved it! :)

Just seen this thread...

ABS was an option for the rev 3 GT-S modle but it came as standard with the GT model.

The problem is that the GT-S is a lot more common here as its just a tad cheaper and to be honest I hate over intrusive ABS in the winter.

LSD is standard from rev 3 onwards.

Traction control was an option but due to its cost you wont find many with it fitted.

I ran a tubby for almost 2 years without TC and ABS and i loved it! :)

thanks for your reply guys, TC im not too worried about but ABS on a motor with 240+ bhp i would find comforting knowing i wouldnt lock my brakes under hard braking. but if its standard on the GT model i know which one too look out for.

Thanks Again

I never locked up the brakes ones apart from on ice... and as it was crap conditions i wasnt going fast enough to cause any issues.

Keep an eye out for the GTS as well though as like i said.. they were an option so some do have them. :)

If i could press a button to disable the ABS i would have loved it.

Mine's a rev3 GT and didn't come with ABS... which, to be honest, I'm happy about.

Mine's a rev3 GT and didn't come with ABS... which, to be honest, I'm happy about.

Strange.. All the rev 3 GT's ive come accros have it... :huh: Ahh well... as you think the same as me its a good job it aint there! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

unless its a fake gts? all gts's come with steerable fogs, half leather interieor aswell etc

although abs is not always a good thing...alot of people think it gives u a shorter braking distance when infact all abs deos is enable you to steer while braking

If anything you mean fake GT?

GTS's are lower spec without half leather etc...

Mine's a GT, with steerable fogs, half leather half suede interior and so on and so forth... still no ABS.

It's not to say the buyer of the car didn't choose not to have ABS when ordering.

Guest MrMojo

I've has ABS on both my Rev3's now,

First was a GT-S tin top it had ABS only really cut it once never found it intrusive.

My current one is a GT T-bar also with ABS and TC all the usual GT extras, apart from it's doesn't have half leather/alcanterra seats hmmmmm!!,, oh yea it's got Factory option recaros :thumbsup:

Mo.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links