Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox/ Clutch Help

TRIGGER

:D Hi all, i am haveing a problem with my 1st and 3rd gear in my carina gti, sometimes i have to triple clutch to get it to go into 1st gear, the best way to descibre my 3rd gear problem is that when i try to go into 3rd gear i get that shocky feeling through the gear stick just like when you took your lessons and when you didnt dip the clutch enough to change gear thats the kind of buzz i get through the gear stick, even sometimes when i try to go into 3rd gear it clicks when doing so, also my clutch is squeaking like mad when i press the pedal, its comeing from inside the gearbox, i hope ive made sense all, please help, i am at the end of my teather haveing no 3rd gear, thx all TRIG :thumbsup: :D .

If you weren't mentioning a noisy clutch I would think your gearbox was the main problem. Can you select all gears with the engine off?

Has the level in the clutch fluid reservoir fallen? - Possible leak - clutch may not be fully disengaging.

Do you get a noisy clutch for all gear changes? - If so, the thrust bearing may be failing - again a disengage problem.

Hi m8, can select all gears perfectly with engine off, just changed the clutch slave cylinder and fluid, so all ok there, and yes i do get a squeaky clutch when engageing all gears, anymore you can add to this since i have answered your questions, thx m8:].

Is there any chance that there is some air in the clutch system? This would cause a disengaging problem as you wouldn't get full movement at the slave end when you fully depress the pedal.

Hi m8, the problem was there before i changed the fluid, so cant be any air in the system, i think if there is air in the system, most of the gears would be dodgy would they not?.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links