Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Tyre Pressure Warning

Sussex_Paul

Hi,

I''m new to the site but am on my 3rd Rav now (previously 2.0 NRG and D4D XTR).

I plumped for a 3 month old, 3000 mile ex demo T180 from my local dealers and picked it up last Weds.

Overall, I'm impressed but I did have some reservations regarding the extent of electronics it has, certainly compared with my XTR.

Last night whilst returning from a 100 mile run, the tyre pressure warning light started blinking - I was 2 miles from home!! Stopped immediated and checked tyres - all were fine.

Upon getting home, I checked tyre pressures - al were still fine.

Tried to see if it was just an electrical glitch by leaving the car overnight and restarting it this morning. The warning light is still flashing.

Took it to my local dealers just now, who told me that they couldn't do anything (no service staff about) until tomorrow, but I was told to drive away as 'the system may just need resetting'.

Clearly, the problem will be fixed under warranty, but this is the 1st problem I've had with a Rav in 4 years of ownership - I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come!!!!!

Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone have any advice?

Cheers.

Paul.

I got my T180 on Thursday there, but it was late in being delivered due to tyre pressure warning! Aparently if there is a slight loss in pressure from hitting a pot hole or something the alarm will show up! It can only be reset by the dealer as far as im aware, which is ok when its under warranty but not so good when warranty period is over!! The book says if you inflate tyre the warning should reset??

Yes, I read that in the manual, but it only refers to the light illuminating and not flashing, which the book says indicates some sort of failure in the system rather than low pressure in the tyre(s).

Cheers anyway!

I think you can synchronise them but you need the T180 gang.......

Stuart

sywy

Clare

?????????? :thumbsup:

I think you can synchronise them but you need the T180 gang.......

Stuart

sywy

Clare

?????????? :thumbsup:

Got to admit the whole idea of the tyre warning system frightens me a whole lot. Touch wood up till now I,ve not had a problem with them or it, I think if anything does go wrong I,ll be the first down at the main dealers to get it sorted. I also would appreciate a little back ground info into what to do if that light comes on. Reading threads on R4W it appears to be a bit of a general problem .

Clare :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Everything i've read seems to imply that it's not resetable by the user??

Pumping up to the correct pressure will get rid of the warnign (as you say), but if what you are getting indicateds a malfunction, then get it seen to by the dealer.

Just got the car back from the dealers (who've done a top job if I may say so - St Leonards Motors).

Got their new T180 demo to use while they had mine in.

It appears that on my car's pdi, they detected a slow puncture on the f/n/s tyre, so replaced the entire wheel/tyre for me.

The tyre pressure sensors work via radio frequency to the car and the new one hadn't been programmed into the car's system, hence the flashing light indicating a failure of the system.

Bizarely, they couldn't answer why I had been able to drive from Weds through to Sunday evening before the system realised it had a fault though!!

All done and reprogrammed now - even got a full valet for my troubles!!

I'm a happy chappie :P

Fingers crossed this is a one off.........

Had the same issue back in August when we picked up our T180. They had replaced the front offside wheel with a new one as there was a chunk out of the older one (it was an ex-demo).

10 miles down the road the light came on. I pulled over and checked, all was okay. Carried on the journey, still all okay with the light permanently on.

A couple of weeks later got it checked at the dealers and they said that the new wheel hadn't been registered hence the flashing. They programmed it in and its all cleared up now and I haven't seen it since.

If the light ever starts flashing I believe thats when there is a loss of pressure.

Regards,

Gareth.

Just got the car back from the dealers (who've done a top job if I may say so - St Leonards Motors).

Got their new T180 demo to use while they had mine in.

It appears that on my car's pdi, they detected a slow puncture on the f/n/s tyre, so replaced the entire wheel/tyre for me.

The tyre pressure sensors work via radio frequency to the car and the new one hadn't been programmed into the car's system, hence the flashing light indicating a failure of the system.

Bizarely, they couldn't answer why I had been able to drive from Weds through to Sunday evening before the system realised it had a fault though!!

All done and reprogrammed now - even got a full valet for my troubles!!

I'm a happy chappie :P

Fingers crossed this is a one off.........

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I''m new to the site but am on my 3rd Rav now (previously 2.0 NRG and D4D XTR).

I plumped for a 3 month old, 3000 mile ex demo T180 from my local dealers and picked it up last Weds.

Overall, I'm impressed but I did have some reservations regarding the extent of electronics it has, certainly compared with my XTR.

Last night whilst returning from a 100 mile run, the tyre pressure warning light started blinking - I was 2 miles from home!! Stopped immediated and checked tyres - all were fine.

Upon getting home, I checked tyre pressures - al were still fine.

Tried to see if it was just an electrical glitch by leaving the car overnight and restarting it this morning. The warning light is still flashing.

Took it to my local dealers just now, who told me that they couldn't do anything (no service staff about) until tomorrow, but I was told to drive away as 'the system may just need resetting'.

Clearly, the problem will be fixed under warranty, but this is the 1st problem I've had with a Rav in 4 years of ownership - I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come!!!!!

Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone have any advice?

Cheers.

Paul.

Well the dreaded tyre warning light came on yesterday (Fri). It was on permenantly so I arrived back home and found the handbook. Today rather sheepishly I went to local petrol station and set about inflating them to correct pressure. 32psi was what it said on door pillar so 32psi they got. Both front tyres were down to 26psi but the rears were well down, as low as 19psi in drivers side rear. Everything now OK warning light gone off but I was a bit preturbed (!!!) how low that rear tyre had gone down. I,m expecting it to come on again as I have a sneaking feeling that it could be a slow punture( that means trip to Main Dealer?)

Clare

YNWA :toast:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links