Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Noise T180

shuffly

While im at this has anyone noticed that theres alot of tyre noise on my t180? Is it typical or are the local roads round me just crap?

While im at this has anyone noticed that theres alot of tyre noise on my t180? Is it typical or are the local roads round me just crap?

Hi There -

I would say, that it depends on the type of tyre thread as well as the road pattern.

My verso has Bridgestone Turanza tyres and I cannot complain of any tyre noise in general. Where I live, there is a piece of concrete road on the freeway which causes an excessive howling/whistling sound. At first I thought something was wrong with the car, but it only happens on that piece of road.

Hope this helps

Erwin

Hi There -

I would say, that it depends on the type of tyre thread as well as the road pattern.

My verso has Bridgestone Turanza tyres and I cannot complain of any tyre noise in general. Where I live, there is a piece of concrete road on the freeway which causes an excessive howling/whistling sound. At first I thought something was wrong with the car, but it only happens on that piece of road.

Hope this helps

Erwin

Thanks Erwin :)

• 2 weeks later...

Next time you get tyres try Toyo T1-R's. They are an extremely good tyre with great wear and road holding and very low on noise. I have them on my Alfa which has a very stiff suspension and find them extremely quiet.

• 3 weeks later...

My new T180 has come on Goodyear Eagle NCT5's and seems to hve very little tyre noise.

I wonder what tyres yours is on.

I do notice a slight growl from the diesel however but it is not intrusive.

Hi , thanks for ur comments, my Verso is also on the Goodyears and since I ve tryed a few other new cars with similar or more noise from the tyres i realize that its not bad.

Interestingly a relative has just bought a new 3 series and says the ride/tyre noise is worse than on her old one. Big wheels i suppose, but they do look cool. B)

• 1 month later...

Try the Goodyear Excellence.

It is the quitest tyre in the market..

However, it will wear more quickly then the Turanzas..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links