Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tailgate Window

Sniper20

Probably been posted a thousand times or more but here goes again:

Opened the tailgate to load items into the back of my surf, shut the tailgate to get on my way and tried to raise the window by using the key in the tailgate.

:ffs: Guess what "nothing" apart from the sound of the motor turning but no movement of the window.

Tried again from the console position in the cab but yet again sound of the motor but no movement of the window.

In the end I had to drive home with the window down and then tried to rectify the problem when I got home :censor:

I am at the stage now where I have had to physically pull the window up to get it to sit in the recess and fully home, with a motor that makes a noise but dosn't move the window.

Anyone a boffin on the back window of a surf :blink:

best thing to do mate is if your machanicly minded do to get the tailgate down remove the carpeted section undo the metal plate and have a look in and see whats happend could be its come off it runner or something or a clip has come loose.

Steve,

Had the thing in bits but to no avail, it is free to run up the rubber runners etc, the motor is making noises but no movement.

best thing to do mate is if your machanicly minded do to get the tailgate down remove the carpeted section undo the metal plate and have a look in and see whats happend could be its come off it runner or something or a clip has come loose.

swap the motor for the passenger side rear for now . its most likely the plastic cog needs glueing or the brass cog needs attention.

a mr2 or pre 93 celica motor will most likely fit too. must be passenger side though

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers GT4 will have a go at that :thumbsup:

swap the motor for the passenger side rear for now . its most likely the plastic cog needs glueing or the brass cog needs attention.

a mr2 or pre 93 celica motor will most likely fit too. must be passenger side though

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links