Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg

wizzbit

Hi there. Just a quicky. I have a 1.3 yaris and was just wondering how many miles people are getting out of a tank. Also i would like to know on the petrol gauge when the bottom bar starts flashing how many miles do you have as on my car it normally starts flashing when my trip meter says i have 10 miles to go. Any help would be great :thumbsup:

I filled up the tank when the bar starts flashing and I couldn't put in more than 35.5 liters as far as I remember. So there should be somewhere around 10 liters.

About distance getting out form the tank, last time I've done 450km with aproximatley 35 liters...So around 8 l/100km (drove only in city, usually at rush hours). You do the conversions for the mpg :)

neva had a full tank in a year :s lol but mine averages 33.3mpg all the time thats motorway drivin for 9 miles then 5 miles in rush hour but i do have a heavy foot in my sr. mams got a 1.0 CDX n she has no problem gettin 50/60mpg most the time she is a woman tho

I get at least 330 miles to a tank - average 43-44mpg. I don't rag it silly, nor do I drive gently all the time.

I've never pushed it more than 20 miles or so when the bottom bar starts flashing, but then there are so many petrol stations around IMO if it starts flashing or I can see on the trip a odometer that it's over 300 & I'm going on a bit of a trip I visit the petrol station on the way.

BTW I'm a woman lol

:o wooops :lol: sowwie :thumbsup:

u at MK ill show u how to drive :P

only kiddin :) wish i cud get 43mpg all the time

would save me a loada cash :crybaby:

Same here, 330 for my T-Spirit 1.3, but I've managed to get 400 out of her through sheer motorway driving in the past!

With my last Yaris I had a bit of an "accident" with regards to the flashing bar and my guage and I ended up stranded in Coventry crying :lol: Now when my bar starts to flash (normally at about 25 miles) I make sure I fill up straight away, its something I like to keep an eye on, I'd never like to be in a situation like I was again!

100 miles = 10 quid for me

But after putting induction kit on it seems to eat more

I have done 30 miles with light flashing if that helps!

just a quick comparison.... My other car is a Lexus IS200... On £50 worth of fuel, the best I've achieved is 230 miles... That's 46 miles on a tenner's worth. I'm new to this forum as i've just purchased a Yaris T-sport. So far so good, its eclipse black 2001 Phase 1 model & I absolutely love it.. Remonds me of the good ol' days when I had a Corolla Gti-16v.. :D

P.S at the moment the yaris' trip comp is showing 35mpg, will let you guys know what I achieve on a full tank.

Goldie

around 460 miles full to starting to flash.. mainly in town.

I filled up the tank when the bar starts flashing and I couldn't put in more than 35.5 liters as far as I remember. So there should be somewhere around 10 liters.

Be careful doing that, I did the same thing & "worked out" I could safely do over 90 miles from when the light started flashing. I tested my theory after I worked it out & sure enough, 35 miles after the light started flashing I ran out of petrol just as I was getting on the motorway on my way home from work.

Turned out when I was filling the tank up, I wasn't actually filling it right up (you need to shake the car from side to side to make all the tubes etc fill with fuel) so when I was thinking "I've got another __ litres left in the tank here", that was just where I hadn't filled it right to the top.

I used to get around 40 mpg & I once drove 30 miles looking for a petrol station that wasn't getting !Removed! filled up during the morning peak hour so depending on the car you should be ok to do 30 miles but avoid doing more at all costs or you could end up stuck on the hard shoulder with no coat in the rain for 45 mins waiting for your brother to bring some petrol just like yours truly

CHEERS EVERYONE THANX. oNLY ASKIN BECAUSE WHEN I FILL MY CAR UP THE TRIP COMPUTER SES I HAVE 335 MILES AND YET THE LIGHT ONLY EVER FLASHIS WHEN I HAVE 10 MILES LEFT ON THE COMPUTER. THANX

I get around the 340 mile mark on a full tank. Thats motorway and in town (40mpg-50mph) roads.

I fill er up when the guestemate thing says 80 mile range.

Between 375-385 miles per tankfull in mine :thumbsup:

My trusty 1.0 yaris has averaged 57.5mpg over the 32,000 miles I've covered in the last 2 years :) and I'm not light-footed! Saying that I'm seldom stuck in traffic living in the north of Scotland! Often see about 450miles out of £33-£35 of fuel and once drove 60 miles with the fuel light on :unsure:

Be careful doing that, I did the same thing & "worked out" I could safely do over 90 miles from when the light started flashing. I tested my theory after I worked it out & sure enough, 35 miles after the light started flashing I ran out of petrol just as I was getting on the motorway on my way home from work.

Turned out when I was filling the tank up, I wasn't actually filling it right up (you need to shake the car from side to side to make all the tubes etc fill with fuel) so when I was thinking "I've got another __ litres left in the tank here", that was just where I hadn't filled it right to the top.

I used to get around 40 mpg & I once drove 30 miles looking for a petrol station that wasn't getting !Removed! filled up during the morning peak hour so depending on the car you should be ok to do 30 miles but avoid doing more at all costs or you could end up stuck on the hard shoulder with no coat in the rain for 45 mins waiting for your brother to bring some petrol just like yours truly

Once I've got around 40 miles with that flash light on, and at the pump got in 41 liters as far as I remember. I could get another 20 miles for sure.

So maybe there's a little difference between the start of the blinking lamp :)

Beside that, it's not good to keep your fuel tank that empty, 'cause you'll force the fuel pump too much. Fill it up each time you have money :)

I usually try to don't reach 200 miles and fill it (it's a matter of perspective, your money will go little by little, so you won't fill that bad at the wallet :D)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links