Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Speakers You Using?

forde

Hey

I put components in the front of my car a while back, but the windows dont clear the Speakers. I spaced them as far as is possible, but the Speakers are so deep you physically cant space them enough. Basically im going to leave the crossovers and tweeters from the components in and just swap the door woofers.

So, im looking for a set of 17cm Speakers with decent power handling capabilities and that will be able to fit without catching the window.

What are you all using?

I have pioneer E-motions and they were spaced with the autoleads kit and used to allow the windows to go down but it scrapped the back of the speaker (OUCH!) Now they go down fully as adding dynamat has added a few more mm of clearance! They dont catch the door cars either (but so very tight as if you push on the door cards they can hit!)

I use 2005 Alpine Type-Rs. However I cut the doorcard so that they could fit in :eek:

27-04-06_1903.jpg

But they sound great and take all the abuse I throw at them, however the 07 Type-Rs are meant to be alot better and can handle even more power :crybaby:

Love the look of alpine Type R range, i have pioneer e-motion and they sucks balls lol

I used wooden spacer custom made by myself :P and they fit nice and snug but still sounds pants!

Alpine all the way!

I have 17cm infinity components in my doors and used the spacers that came with the Speakers, i placed the crossovers under the front seats and the tweeters in the dash under the panels.

I wouldn't go as far as saying the Pioneer E-motions suck balls mate! With the dynamat the bass is definately increased! Also there ability to play high volumes without distortion is wicked :D I would possibly go Alpine next time though to try them out! Also my mates Type S components sound pretty good but would like to hear Type R ones!

Those Type R's you have griffyn, are they mounted to the door still and just spaced or to the actual doorcard itself?

I wouldn't go as far as saying the Pioneer E-motions suck balls mate! With the dynamat the bass is definately increased! Also there ability to play high volumes without distortion is wicked :D I would possibly go Alpine next time though to try them out! Also my mates Type S components sound pretty good but would like to hear Type R ones!

Those Type R's you have griffyn, are they mounted to the door still and just spaced or to the actual doorcard itself?

I have a spacer and then ontop of that had to make some small bits out of wood to space it even further because the magnets are rather large. They fit perfect though as the cones stick out of where the grill was so means I could put the Alpine grill on.

They sound great paired with the tweeters and cover all frequencies (however have a Type-R sub as well for lows).

Also as side note Alpine are based in Coventry which aint far from my uni which means I was able to blag a free setup by Alpine. The guy said I had done a good job tuning it myself but must admit sounded a fair amount better when he had finished :drool:

What did you and Alpine guy do to tune the speakers Griffyn?

Basically you can change amp settings and EQ settings on the headunit. He said I had pretty much set the amps up fine (for best sound quality and loudness, but tbh there is more in reserve but does get crazy loud :yahoo:)

He pretty much showed me a menu on the HU I had never seen before which allows time delay (so sounds like sound is coming from the middle of the dash (is weird as hell)). The real benefit was giving the EQ more of a flat sound ie my high frequencies were too high and I knew this but already turned tweeters down by using the jumpers in the crossover. He also turned certain frequencies up in the mids since the yaris door cards are shocking and need strengthening (I didnt fancy any more weight in my poor 1.0L).

As for the sub made such a difference. Was alot deeper by just using the HU.