Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Panel Filter Or Induction Kit?

Griffyn

I had my car serviced at a Nissan garage since its really close in mid Nov. Looked at my panel filter today ands really really dirty. Now I dont know if it was changed or not when serviced but its essentially black so I guess not.

Now I have seen a pipercross induction kit for £33 (excl delivery) and a pipercross induction kit for £82.99 (excl delivery).

http://www.potn.co.uk/p1502443.htm

http://www.potn.co.uk/p1432.htm

Now which would be better. I mean for £50 it doesnt seem alot more and how easy is it to install an induction kit?

However for £99 there is also this one which for another £17.99 I can fit a cold air feed kit. Is this worthwhile??? (I dont wana cut the front bumper however so anywhere else it could go??)

http://www.potn.co.uk/p1544379.htm

What are these kits like? Is the Powertec one the best one to go for?

(As a side note will be getting a new car late summer time, just for less than £100 (well just over incl delivery) it seems a worthwhile mod to have abit of fun with.

The induction kit will give you a better sounds and better throttle response, havent ever used uprated panel filter so cant say anything about them.

People will come and say pipercross is rubbish but i had one for a while and thought it was pretty good and had no problems at all with MAF sensor!

I say go for normal pipercroos induction kit mate, it sounded really nice!

The induction kit will give you a better sounds and better throttle response, havent ever used uprated panel filter so cant say anything about them.

People will come and say pipercross is rubbish but i had one for a while and thought it was pretty good and had no problems at all with MAF sensor!

Why did you change the pipercross out of interest? If you have a problem with the MAF sensor what does that entail?

The Powertec does sound better does anyone else have any ideas?

For the 1litre Greddy is the best kit out there! Pipercross is rubbish as it is a lot of money for a cone that need maintaining! That's about all you get with is as it goes on the end of the airbox! Means not that much in the way of performance gains/responsiveness etc aswell. That just shows they aint a very professional company in my mind as they couldn't even be bothered to make a MAF adapter! I would save for the Greddy or something like that! Even a cotton panel filter with the intake into the airbox enlarged would be better imo!

Why did you change the pipercross out of interest? If you have a problem with the MAF sensor what does that entail?

The Powertec does sound better does anyone else have any ideas?

I changed for a typhoon one as it relocated were my TTE splitter is and that was far more effective way of getting cold air in.

I dont no really, i think it means oil on maf sensor which can cause damage but my induction kit now is oiled aswell and no problems at all!

Whatabout the powertec induction kit?

As I said I will only car for a max of 6 months so dont wana spend much.

How much is the Greddy? Link?

Whatabout the powertec induction kit?

As I said I will only car for a max of 6 months so dont wana spend much.

How much is the Greddy? Link?

Never heard of the powertec mate so got no idea

G reddy is well over £100!

If I was you i'd get a panel filter, but these don't increase engine noise

pipercross is way to close to the engine and it doesn't get rid of the airbox, bit crap for the price.

Greddy is a great kit but pricey at £155

You can try the powertec, as no one I know has this, so be different.

I'm not sure what the engine layout is like on the phase 2 1 ltr, I suppose it's the same as the 1.3 and the old 1 ltr.

most yaris items don't say which phases they are for, so you need to be careful when ordering and make sure it will 100% fit before hand.

If you want to post a pic of your engine bay just to make sure the filter fits first before you buy.

if I read your post right and your only keeping the car for another 6 months there's no point spending on it.

Save the money and put it towards your next car.

Its a P1 1.0l 52 Yaris and the kit is also for this car.

However pipercross seems like its just the cone as well :S But as I said there is the offer on the cold air feed which could go behind grill at front??? Plus had a read online and doesnt seem to have MAF problems in other cars.

Well I have enough money for new car, but for the last 6 months of ownership would be cool to have an induction kit. Plus I enjoy doing stuff to my car and got the urge to do something.

Been searching for the Greddy kit but have had no luck. Guessing its not sold anymore???

In that case any other induction kits than can be used?

If not what is the best course of action with a cone and trying to get a tube to make an induction kit?

Powertec Toyota Yaris Mk1 1.0 16v 04/99 - 12/05 SL1 Performance Induction Kit (the name implies it will fit since its for the Mk1 1.0 16v (ie 4cyl) from 99-05 (ie p1 and p2))

Try and remove the stock cold air feed pipe and go for a short drive. :) You will love that sound, and remember, that cost nothing! :lol:

If a small bit of extra sound and 0.001% of performance gain is what you are after (and cheap price of course), go on eBay and get a cold air feed that has the same diameter as the air box inlet diameter.

That's what I did anyway~ psychologically feels better about the car:P

Filter is standard Stock ones... but a nice clean one though :)

DIYCAF.jpg

Try and remove the stock cold air feed pipe and go for a short drive. :) You will love that sound, and remember, that cost nothing! :lol:

If a small bit of extra sound and 0.001% of performance gain is what you are after (and cheap price of course), go on ebay and get a cold air feed that has the same diameter as the air box inlet diameter.

DIYCAF.jpg

Ok gave it a go and did sound pretty cool :thumbsup: All it did though was make me wana have a louder and deeper noise :lol: Got my housemate to drive it past but seems to make alot more noise in the car than outside. Which I guess ain't a bad thing as doesn't make you look like a chav but makes the car sound better for the driver.

Also do you know the diameter of the air box inlet as im gona get a cold air feed now, and gona get a new filter since mine is mingin! Its black and has a few leaves and stuff :huh:

Also where did you get those 'rings' holding the cold air feed on? (have no idea what its called as you prob guess, but if still unclear what I mean, I mean the metal brackets you have holding the pipe on)

Ok gave it a go and did sound pretty cool :thumbsup: All it did though was make me wana have a louder and deeper noise :lol: Got my housemate to drive it past but seems to make alot more noise in the car than outside. Which I guess ain't a bad thing as doesn't make you look like a chav but makes the car sound better for the driver.

Also do you know the diameter of the air box inlet as im gona get a cold air feed now, and gona get a new filter since mine is mingin! Its black and has a few leaves and stuff :huh:

Also where did you get those 'rings' holding the cold air feed on? (have no idea what its called as you prob guess, but if still unclear what I mean, I mean the metal brackets you have holding the pipe on)

Can't remember the size exactly off hand... something like 68mm? Tell you want, get a piece of A4 paper, wrap it round the inlet, make a mark and measure it using a ruler. Then you know what size you are after :thumbsup: (n.b. remember to convert circumference back to diameter!)

Those rings came with the cold air feed kit, if it doesn't come with it... I guess you can get them cheap elsewhere like B&Q's pluming dept. It's the pipe that's important, the rest are just parts that you can find so easily on a saturday afternoon shopping in the town.

Greddy kit you will get from envy performance

i'd say stick with the powertec filter.

But if you did spend the extra for the greddy, you should easily be able to sell it, as only the other week there were a few members looking for one. Greddy will sell better than the other ones your after.

Panel filter's not going to give you the noise your after.

Other than that if you can find a K&N induction kit, i'd say go for that as they are pretty loud

I cant seem to find the greddy kit on the envy site and doesn't seem that anywhere sells a 1.0l K&N induction kit.

Also does it read to you that the powertec is just a cone?

not sure about the powertec just being a cone.

you will have to ring envy for a price and to order.

greddy's most expensive, but will probably have a higher resale value in 6 months time than the others

here's a pic

Induction04.jpg

How do you remove the original cold air feed, does it just unplug?

Yes, it just unplug. Give it a little wiggle and a firm pull, it should come out right away.

P.S. I can only confirm this for a 1.0 yaris though... the other version may have their CAF mounted differently.

greddy's most expensive, but will probably have a higher resale value in 6 months time than the others

here's a pic

Induction04.jpg

That does look awesome! You have swayed me and im gona go down that route. According to Envy will take two weeks to get it though :(

Will hopefully have it ordered by the end of the day, just waiting to hear back from Envy now, never known a company been so slow in trying to take your money :lol:

here's a pic

Induction04.jpg

That does look awesome! You have swayed me and im gona go down that route. According to Envy will take two weeks to get it though :(

Will hopefully have it ordered by the end of the day, just waiting to hear back from Envy now, never known a company been so slow in trying to take your money :lol:

Envy do come on website mate so do you want your induction kit dropped? lol :P

If a small bit of extra sound and 0.001% of performance gain is what you are after (and cheap price of course), go on ebay and get a cold air feed that has the same diameter as the air box inlet diameter.

DIYCAF.jpg

If you did though wouldn't it be the same as the standard CAF, as the intake size is the same?