Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Panel Filter Or Induction Kit?

Griffyn

If you did though wouldn't it be the same as the standard CAF, as the intake size is the same?

The stock CAF has a small intake neck then expand to the size of the intake.

I suggest you to pop your own Yaris's hood and have a look yourself. In the end, you could find yourself a better solution! :)

£20 for a new filter for the greddy once every 50,000 isn't going to break the bank. You could spend that on oil for oiled filters in the same time.

Just out of interest does the induction kit allow fitment of the wires attatched to the stock aribox? I currently have 2 'plugs' attatched to current airbox.

Just out of interest does the induction kit allow fitment of the wires attatched to the stock aribox? I currently have 2 'plugs' attatched to current airbox.

was wondering the same

One plug clips off and the other "MAF" sensor fits into the induction kit you buy (if it is a yaris percific one)

Yeah its the greddy one.

So what happens to the one that is clipped off? What is it meant for?

Also how do I know which is the MAF and which isnt?

The MAF sensor is the larger one which has a kind of square top and screws in via 2 screws.

The other one clips onto airbox to basically make it look tidier! (has blue clip)

• 7 months later...

Try and remove the stock cold air feed pipe and go for a short drive. :) You will love that sound, and remember, that cost nothing! :lol:

If a small bit of extra sound and 0.001% of performance gain is what you are after (and cheap price of course), go on ebay and get a cold air feed that has the same diameter as the air box inlet diameter.

That's what I did anyway~ psychologically feels better about the car:P

Filter is standard Stock ones... but a nice clean one though :)

DIYCAF.jpg

Ok gave it a go and did sound pretty cool :thumbsup: All it did though was make me wana have a louder and deeper noise :lol: Got my housemate to drive it past but seems to make alot more noise in the car than outside. Which I guess ain't a bad thing as doesn't make you look like a chav but makes the car sound better for the driver.

Also do you know the diameter of the air box inlet as im gona get a cold air feed now, and gona get a new filter since mine is mingin! Its black and has a few leaves and stuff :huh:

Also where did you get those 'rings' holding the cold air feed on? (have no idea what its called as you prob guess, but if still unclear what I mean, I mean the metal brackets you have holding the pipe on)

do you lose fuel econemy with this mate?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links