Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Running Badly...

97paseo

Car seems to be sort of mis-firing after me & a mate did a DIY service the other day, it sort of hesitates whilst idling & almost stalls a bit every now & then.

Its been running sort of 'lumpy' for a while, does anyone know if its likely to be the Dizzy cap or something else? :unsure: Could it be spark plugs not in properly?

Help I'm taking it on holiday to the Lake District in a couple of days & the cap takes a day to order!!! :(

Check distributor cap is seated properly.

Check rotor arm as well.

Double check spark plugs are in properly.

Double check firing order

Andrew

Thanks Andrew,

I checked the arm & cap & they seem ok but will double check, one of the spark plugs was a little loose but I've tightened it & the problem is still there.

Haven't disconnected the HT leads so the firing order shouldn't have been altered.

Been hunting everywhere for a new cap & arm, one place said 3-4 days for the arm & £60 for the cap, another place said £38 for the cap delivered on monday (I'm going away on Sunday :ffs: ) & they couldn't get the arm at all, (oh & they all keep telling me its an import! I even saw the guys book :bookworm: & it said 5E-FE (USA) on it :wacko: )

This is a nightmare! :ffs: :help:

Ok phoned my nearest dealer in Canterbury, have ordered the parts @ 42.22 Cap & 5.68 arm + VAT, just praying thats the problem! :huh:

The guy on the parts desk was really good, he started chatting away about the Seo, said 'this is a rare beast' :lol: I was telling him about the club & stuff & he's put my order on VOR so the parts arrive tomorrow :thumbsup: Result!

If anyones interested he said he thought they only made 500 Paseo's!

Also got a price on the indicator that I've been after, £31.64 +VAT, which isn't that bad I thought, I'll most likely order that tomorrow!

Anyway thats enough rambling from me! :bye:

If anyones interested he said he thought they only made 500 Paseo's!

if thats true, and mine is only one of 50 ever made, then that makes my car very rare indeed!!!

Yea thats what I thought! I might find out more when I go & collect the part tomorrow, I hope it fixes it as its really bad! :(

Ok saw a different guy today to the one I was talking to on the phone.

Thats my first experience of a Toyota main dealer, what a contrast to Fiat!!! I was VERY impressed! Defo going there again, they might even temp me to buy a new car from them when the time comes! :D

Anyway Re: the on-going saga of my car, fitted the new dizzy cap & rotor & it made no difference at all - :censor: ! Only other thing was to swap back to the old spark plugs & hey presto :hokus-pokus: it's fixed! Can't believe that was the problem! Oh well! :rolleyes:

Anyway word of warning, don't buy Champion spark plugs from Halfords!

Oh & my sub blew on the way home - it's just not my week! :ffs:

Oh & my sub blew on the way home - it's just not my week! :ffs:

you shud take it easy with new subs, they're not like grolsch and only sold when ready... they need to be "broken into" you didnt run hard right from the go did you? and what sort of ampage where u givin it?

To be honest it was very old, I had no idea what spec it was & I was running it off a 300W amp! & I was messing around with the bass yesterday so I guess I'm to blame!

Now I'm gonna have a job finding an 8"er aren't I coz they all seem to be 10" & 12"'s!

More expense! :rolleyes:

I expect it was either heat rating or gappage that was to blame. Champion are a good brand (although I always use NGK myself).

To be honest it was very old, I had no idea what spec it was & I was running it off a 300W amp! & I was messing around with the bass yesterday so I guess I'm to blame!

Now I'm gonna have a job finding an 8"er aren't I coz they all seem to be 10" & 12"'s!

More expense! :rolleyes:

get ur self a jl adudio w7 in 8".... it'll blow your mind!!!!

Andrew I think you are right about the gapage, anyway I'll get round to getting some NGK one's as those are in the car now.

Mellow I'm hoping I can find something relatively cheap, found a 'reactor' one on POTN for £40, do you think I'll get one cheaper than that? I hope so! :)

a friend of mine has a 15" eminence sub lying around if ur interested? its pretty old but still hits ok...

Thanks but I need an 8" as I've just bought the tube to house it from a mate :rolleyes:

I'll sort something when I get back from holiday, wasn't taking the sub anyway as I need the boot space :D

lol... four asda shopping bags and my boot is pretty much full! i tried getting a rather large mirror into the car sumhow the other day - it sits as high as the car when on the floor and is as wide as it too.... so i had to call a taxi out to take the thing home for me!!! :D

Do the rear seats fold in a Paseo?

In a Sera you can and it becomes quite big. You can transport a filing cabinet in the back (I've tried)

Andrew

yeah it folds as one piece. but thing is, i have an mdf borad mounted in the gap cos i used to run a free air sub in it! so now, unless i got summin thats no bigger then 11" in diameter, i can fold the seat down..