Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6x9's In Rear

BadBoyVTEC

Hello put some 6x9's in the back of my mates Aygo the other day and it looks quite good. Definatley improves the sound. What I couldn't belive is that the Speakers are only 10cm when theres space for a much bigger speaker. Oh and for those looking to remove their back Speakers, don't ***** about with a screwdriver like we did for 30 mins, you have to remove the door card to access the bolts BEHIND the Speakers. Any way heres how it looks:

Hole half cut:

DSC00955.jpg

Nearly finished with the card away from the side:

DSC00957.jpg

Finished article left side:

DSC00956.jpg

Right side:

DSC00958.jpg

no offence dude but they look crap fited in the door like that, want something original try under the rear seats, cuz there out the way, i take it its a 3door? would of been better with some 4inch round and uprating the ones in the dash, put 150w in there and you will blow your head off man, did you sound insulate the back? cuz if now your gunna lose volume cuz its just gunna vibrate your speaker to death HAHA, thats no fun

hey lookin good mate, nicely finished.. bet they sound good, Kenwood 6x9's are known to be nice and crisp, specially with them tweeters aswell.. lookin good

thanks. The problem is that its slightly curved on those back panels and it doesn't quite sit flush (about 2mm at the curviest bit). However my plan is to make a wooden frame for behind the plastic so when you bolt it on it pushes the plastic flush to the speaker edge.

• 11 years later...

I have put 4" 3way in the dash 150watt, changed door Speakers to 150watt component Speakers, and next is an under seat active sub, i have an aygo 2008 could i put rear shelf Speakers in? Are the wires there for them? Oh also changed head unit to a sony.