Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Pitched Whine?

mobeyone

When idle, my o2 previa makes a high pitched whine... goes when revved but then comes back intermmitantly? sounds like a worn belt? anyone know of this as a problem?

When idle, my o2 previa makes a high pitched whine... goes when revved but then comes back intermmitantly? sounds like a worn belt? anyone know of this as a problem?

Hi Mobey - could be the water pump bearing from what you've described, had the same sort of noise from our Fiesta recently and that's what it turned out to be.

How's your mods coming along by the way?

Hey Glenn,

Water pump bearings.... big job? is it going to cost me mega bucks??!!

Mods are on hold for the minute, springs are in the garage! wheels are on but will wait until summer before I start to play with it.

mobe

Hey Glenn,

Mods are on hold for the minute, springs are in the garage! wheels are on but will wait until summer before I start to play with it.

mobe

:) No it's not a big deal really - although I've not had the pleasure of doing one on these cars! I'd get it checked out first though before you splash out on a water pump.

Hey Glenn,

mobe

:) No it's not a big deal really - although I've not had the pleasure of doing one on these cars! I'd get it checked out first though before you splash out on a water pump.

Hmm, will wait and see then! Not losing any water but the whine is noticable on when idle... 50k service due soon so see what toyota have to say...