Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

? Megan Racing Header ?'s

ToTo_17

Firstly you need to stop reading the thread on YarisWorld. Right now. As that is a site dedicated to the NEW Yaris. Yes, in Japan and America they use the 1NZ-FE, but they have still had to re-design the manifold, as the old 1NZ-FE manifold is not a direct bolt up to the new Yaris Chassis. Oh and if you also read, they still haven't done a proper dyno outside out Megan Racing as the one that they did use, the Dyno was not configured properly (hence why they got **** results)

You should have a read on Scion Life under the Xb and Xa, as they mostly all give a good review of the Megan Racing Manifold. Have you not considered getting an OBX 4-2-1, as that already has the boss mounted for the O2 sensor. SOme good reviews of that as well. Your opinion in the end of the day.

Just be careful what forum you are reading from ;)

I dont really read the other forums, just did some searching on the Megan header, I stick with TOC all the way. :thumbsup:

How much would the OBX manifold cost, do Envy have it?

Ask kev to ship it another way except TNT?

Well not yet... He mentioned 50 pounds for just the manifold, so who knows how much it would be for the cat and flexi pipe as well? I guess it will be much more? This is all by TNT... I think this is what they use.

I don't think Envy have the OBX header in stock.

When I said stop reading that thread, I merely said it cos you can't compare the two manifolds. They're completely different.

Megan Racing 4-1 for MK1 Yaris

Racemanifold1.jpg

Megan Racing 4-1 for MK2 Yaris

DSC00244Medium.jpg

OBX 4-2-1 for MK1

xbheader.jpg

Can see the differences between the MK1 and MK2 one easily

I don't think Envy have the OBX header in stock.

When I said stop reading that thread, I merely said it cos you can't compare the two manifolds. They're completely different.

Can see the differences between the MK1 and MK2 one easily

The one for MK2 is quite similar to the stock one, I see the differences between the two though...

On the tuning depot homepage where you got the photo from of the OBX header, the price is 160 USD, but for 02-04 Echo. Thats a good price! :D

I'll ask Kevin if they have it in stock? Would the OBX be better since its 4-2-1 instead of the Megan 4-1? I read that with the Megan, low end torque will be lost, but thats on Yaris World, here on TOC the feedback and opinions are positive though with no loss.

Of course you will lose low end with 4-1. That's generally what happens with 4-1 design. 4-2-1 gives better low down to mid rev range. Ask kev if he has it in stock, but i'm pretty sure he doesn't

4-2-1 header will be harder to fit because of the sensor, this could cause a problem.

Sensor on the phase 2 connects half way between the flange and where the 4 meet the 1. This could cause a problem on the 4-2-1 as there is nowhere to put the sensor because it is split into 2, and because it is split into 2 this could interfere with the sensor, as you'd be splitting the gas flow into 2, so the sensor may pick up there's a problem. Just a thought but i'm not 100% positive.

I'm not saying it will cause a problem, but it could, and something to be aware of.

And by the way i'm getting a TRD manifold.

Expensive at about £500, but just want to be different.

Of course you will lose low end with 4-1. That's generally what happens with 4-1 design. 4-2-1 gives better low down to mid rev range. Ask kev if he has it in stock, but i'm pretty sure he doesn't

How about now with the stock 4-1 manifold, I'm also losing low end torque right? Do you think if I do lose some, it will be unnoticeable, but in the mid to high range it will be better, or like everyone says here in TOC, that they experienced gains throughout the band???

And by the way i'm getting a TRD manifold.

Expensive at about £500, but just want to be different.

No way your not getting the TRD! :o

I was looking into that, but £500 is just way too much for me... But you got a point, being different and unique is cool! :thumbsup:

I REALLY doubt they've got gains throughout

Well I really dont know, but the response and gains I have read about when searching was quite positive! Most replies were with full exhaust systems though (sports cat or decat, decent backbox)...

Weren't you selling your Megan header on eBay if I remember correctly? If yes, then why? Did you take it off?

It's never fitted my car as I drive a 1.0l...

And I was selling it becasue it was stock

The one that I had on eBay is now somewhere in Luton, UK.

What do you mean it was stock? What did it sell for at the end? How much did you ship it for?

130 sterling and the guy collected it when i was in uk. normal shipping is about 23 sterling with ems

£130 for a new Megan header is real good! That guy is lucky! :drool: EMS shipping is half of TNT, thats pretty good, but I think Envy use TNT all the time, if I remember correctly Kevin might have mentioned it in the past to me when I ordered the Envy Megan Racing exhaust about a year ago.

I read in another forum, this time Scion life, that by adding the header and sports cat, the exhaust was considerably quieter and a lot less raspy than before the header and sports cat... Is this true? Because all opinions here basically are saying the opposite, that the exhaust will be louder, deeper and raspier after installing the header and sports cat... :huh:

Well for a start the Xa and XB will use a different piping layout, and their sports cats have not been made by Envy Performance either (different components). It should make it louder TBH...

Well for a start the Xa and XB will use a different piping layout, and their sports cats have not been made by Envy Performance either (different components). It should make it louder TBH...

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Hopefully I will talk to Kevin tomorrow and see what's up and if I can purchase the sports cat and flexi down pipe for my phase 2 separately instead of the entire system for 350... Im getting the header for sure, it all depends on the other 2 mods and their prices, as well as shipping costs from the UK. I hope things will work out!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links