Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Had A Slight Change In Wheels Today!

mellow_yellow

Hey guys, a mate of mine owns a seat ibiza cupra R and is looking for some new bigger wheels. so i told him to try mine on for size.... i have to say, they looked sweet as hell! pics to come soon.

so i put on his 195 16s on my car and wondered what it would look like.... man it sits low!!!! again pics to come.

but then when i took it for a spin on these wheels... i realised just how grippy my 17s are! these 16 where sreechin all over the place.... and the steering has never felt so light! but one thing good came from them... couldnt feel the bumps as much!

guys if u want a nice handlin seo, u gotta go with 17s or the 205 profile...

Cool! Do the Seat 16's fit the Paseo then? Hmmm might have to look into that! My wheels are to heavy!

yeah they bang straight on. you shud really look into em cos they weigh a mere 6KG each!!!! thats like magnesium wheel weights!!!

Cupra R alloys yea? The new Cupra or the older one with white wheels? Will defo have a look at them! :thumbsup:

Tyresave site says they are the same offset etc but different bore, not really sure what that means!!

its the ibiza not the leon. but they have the normal lookin silver ones on

gimmie 5 n i'll post em for ya

here the ibiza with my wheels on... what u reckon? i though it look hard as nails..

post-47-1060974356.jpg

and again...

what u guys reckon to the ibiza then? any bigger would look silly right?

post-47-1060974539.jpg

Your wheels on the Ibiza look wicked! Suit the car really well & just the right size :thumbsup:

I'm not sold on the Ibiza wheels on yours though... <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mellow, your cars cool on the 17s and on the Cupra rims (I prefer the 17s though!!)!! Have you had any problems with it since youve lowered it?? Im toying with lowering mine but Ive heard mixed opinion........

thanks mepwalo.

no real problems... at first i used to get a bit of scrape on the rear arches, so i just took em off and chisled away the plastic (and i think a bit of metal too) which the wheels were rubbing on...

i have 7.5j width wheels and there is still no scrub on lock... i imagine your lookin at 7js? u shudnt have any problem at all.

if u wanna complain... then it can only be the fact that their is still a bit of body lean... would have liked it to be stiffer, but not spending any more money on the seo for a while.... i gots me a scooby do....

Monday is Judgement day guys cant wait!!!! :drool::afro::beer::yes:

Cheers Mellow!! Ive got 15s on mine at the moment so I dont expect a problem in the arches!! I too have another big draw on the old finances apart from my seo..........Im getting married!! Rather have a Scooby though!! Lol!!

congrats! :beer::beer::beer:

just sorting out the final details on the car... on on monday its comin home!!!

i imagine your lookin at 7js? u shudnt have any problem at all.

Monday is Judgement day guys cant wait!!!! :drool::afro::beer::yes:

By that do you mean 7.0X17's would be fine & no need to cut the arches or plastic back? Or do you just mean scrubbing?

I don't know why (as I'm so poor!) but I feel the need to look into 17's...

Good luck for Monday! B) Take it easy & take loads of pics! :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

hey mellow.. those rims you have for urs.. .KEEP EM! They are !Removed! on ur car! :o I REALLY like the look of ur car w/ ur rims.. and of course they look !Removed! on that other car too! Those 16's that u put on ur car look like hell m8.. sorry to say.. but they look stock or something.. :arrgg-matey: but anyway.. I was thinkin that u got a new car? and that's ur sis' car? maybe i'm wrong.. anyway.. keep up that **** bro! Good luck!

Adubb :cacker:

hey adubb, i posted this before i got my new car, and i only switched em cos my mate wanted to see how the 17s would fit n ride on his car...

so instead of leaving mine on bricks, i dropped his stock wheels on mine.

but eah i do have a new car - Subaru Impreza. and this is my sisters car now, but i still use it a lot cos the scoob costs a lot to run, and i wouldnt dare leave it in some place i gotta visit for work/uni etc...

but fear not, the seo is still on the 6spokers