Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Warning Light Came On Oxygen Levels?

shazzy81

Hi There

I hope someone may be able to help me. Last week my engine warning light came on, took it to my local stealer and typically by the time I got there the light had gone out, they ran a diagnostic check. They have said that the code that come up was for oxygen levels and they hace checked this out but saw nothing wrong with the car. The car is still under warrenty until July and I really want anything sorted before I have top spend any money on the car. Do you think that its possible the sensors need replacing the light has come on once before and I got the same answer from the stealer. Also it appears I am getting alot of exhaust fumes/steam at the moment when the car is running but stationary.

Any advice is greatly appreaciated.

Hi There

I hope someone may be able to help me. Last week my engine warning light came on, took it to my local stealer and typically by the time I got there the light had gone out, they ran a diagnostic check. They have said that the code that come up was for oxygen levels and they hace checked this out but saw nothing wrong with the car. The car is still under warrenty until July and I really want anything sorted before I have top spend any money on the car. Do you think that its possible the sensors need replacing the light has come on once before and I got the same answer from the stealer. Also it appears I am getting alot of exhaust fumes/steam at the moment when the car is running but stationary.

Any advice is greatly appreaciated.

It's really important to know that the air filter is clean but if so it sounds very much like the Lambda (oxygen) sensor. They often make the light come on particularly during over-run. Bully them to change it under warranty.

Good Luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links