Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paintwork Problem

rickster

i just got my TTE bumper sprayed, colour is a complete shade off, will a buff fix this or is it a respray jobby? havnt paid the guy yet as i have to go back on monday to get the spoiler on, he just got the paint code and painted that he didnt match with anything, but my cars 2002 so i didnt think it would have faded that much!! any advice? i would take pics but its a bit dark now, mines the darker red colour not the chili red btw.

thanks

ricky

looks nice mate- to be honest - slight colour difference will be expected - chances of getting an exact match is slim - all most EVERY one who has got a TTE front splitter has a colour difference

p.s lower the car ! :thumbsup:

i can see you point there but considering the age and colour of the car the only way your only going to get a perfect match is to do a full re-sprey, its just the same as a red car the pigment in the paint looses its shine and becomes dull which is what has happened to yours.

Reds always going to be a hard colour to match. TBH it doesn't look to bad, I say have a look at others on here and you will see the same mis match :thumbsup:

Mind you it is hard to spot a colour change from a photo - if your not happy take it back :thumbsup:

Hey rick, spotted you tonight in bangor. I was going to suggest a buff, it may bring the colour up a little. However that looks completely off and i personally would complain about it, its very pinky. Hard colour to match i reckon! Who sprayed it?

Hey rick, spotted you tonight in bangor. I was going to suggest a buff, it may bring the colour up a little. However that looks completely off and i personally would complain about it, its very pinky. Hard colour to match i reckon! Who sprayed it?

wee balls did it, ive heard really good reports about his work, but no offence to the guy but this is a mess, taking it to him tomorrow so we will see what he says!

aye wee balls painted neal's splitter on the corolla when he scuffed it... he is a sound lad and i'm sure he will sort it for you!

Mines chilli red and the colour match looks spot on! In some lights mine can be seen as slightly duller but a few waxes should sort that out! Tbh i don't think people would even notice the colour difference in mine AT ALL as it really is nothing! Yours however IS noticeable and i would say get it redone! Also when mine was done he got my colour code AND used a colour chart which had like 5 differing shades of my same paint code and he said that toyota change the pigments slightly etc through the times and that this was the way to get it EXACTLY right :thumbsup: Hope that helps!

That's Caldera Red, isn't it? Lovely colour. :yes:

I had one and it got pranged at the back and included a complete new rear bumper and rear offside 3/4 panel. Okay, it was only a couple of years old at the time but it never saw a garage in all that time, was subjected to all weathers and yet the match was perfect.

Hope he sorts it all out for you. :thumbsup:

yup when my mum owned it she bumped the back and it got replaced and was perfect, used to hate the colour but its growing on me now!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links