Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is This Lift I Hear So Much About ?

mickey.j

Got my T Sport on Monday and i don't think i've stopped smiling yet!

The ride is fantastic, the lift feels like i've just been injected with adrenalin and the noise from the TTE twin exhaust is brill!

The salesman on the test drive had me really test the car, floored through the rev's to feel the lift and circling a small roundabout as fast as possible to experience the traction control!

I don't know who enjoyed it more me or him, "keep accelerating, keep accelerating there it is!". If a salesman still has that much fun with somebody else driving then you know the car is definately never going too lose it's appeal!

:yahoo:

lift should be at 6200rpm-8200rpm on all cts

the facelift are better handling on standard form ONLY and they dont have a proper rear strut i have talk to many people the rear strut you are talking about on facelift does very little almost nothing for the handling it give a tiny bit more stiffed feel on the rear but nothing to do with the handling side and you ask why simple cos it doesn't bolt onto the suspension .

i say it million time's standard pre facelift cts are faster than standard facelift cts on a straight line.

i say it million time's standard pre facelift cts are faster than standard facelift cts on a straight line.

Not sure how this can be true in all cases as they use ssame engine setup ect, having owned both I dont think there is any difference in acceleration, facelift feels more responsive but not 100% sure if it is.

Admittedly some may be quicker than others as all that rolled out of factory wont be exctly the same these things never are in reality but cant see how all pre face lift models will be quicker than face lift modes.

Just my opinion.

Not sure how this can be true in all cases as they use ssame engine setup ect, having owned both I dont think there is any difference in acceleration, facelift feels more responsive but not 100% sure if it is.

Admittedly some may be quicker than others as all that rolled out of factory wont be exctly the same these things never are in reality but cant see how all pre face lift models will be quicker than face lift modes.

Just my opinion.

i base my opinion on the fact of standard pre facelift - cts are lighter and no you wont feel it driving both car's untill you take one on head to head :D

to be honest i am very biased as you can see, i am all for pre-facelift all the way :P all the other corolla i couldn't careless :lol: .

Just my opinion.

i base my opinion on the fact of standard pre facelift - cts are lighter and no you wont feel it driving both car's untill you take one on head to head :D

to be honest i am very biased as you can see, i am all for pre-facelift all the way :P all the other corolla i couldn't careless :lol: .

Well I will take your word for it, I though they would be very similar weight being same size and same trim ect.

Just my opinion.

If you compare the weight of the pre facelift to the facelift, you may aswell go as far as comparing the weight of the people driving them, and the effects of the drag caused by the higher stance. And like Gooner said none come out of the factory with exactly the same power ratings, and after a good 10k 20k miles with everybody's different driving styles and how they're maintained, the gap gets even bigger, but still not enough for you to notice a big difference in power unless something was wrong.

imo with 2 well looked after t sports whether facelift or pre, who ever makes the slickest gear changes will win. :yes:

• 4 weeks later...

Gotta agree with that, the gear change can make a difference between staying in the power or not

• 2 weeks later...

I have read so much crap on the net and bad reviews about the CTS I find it hard to understand why.

I have had my 2005 facelift model for a couple of weeks and I !Removed! love it,I done about 200 miles in it today on mostly motorway and I played with the gears alot ...Doing about 80mph in 5th gear and you drop it into 4th gear and sink the boot.....well what can I say.you just go go go grin grin grin factor...what a day I had playing .I left a few behind me as well.On the country roads especially the windy ones..the CTS seemed like it was on rails and going round a small roundabout and round the other side drop a gear and hit 6000 just as you come out and its like you have been fired from a gun.

I am 38 years of age and have driven alot of cars and can say that this car is an honest mix of good looks,comfort styling and speed.

I will leave the best to last.It was raining today and I came up to a set of traffic lights ,as I did I looked in my mirror I saw a type r coming upe behind me ,he pulled out and sat beside me in the outside lane...I nearly craped myself.

I said well I will not go down without a fight ...the lights changed and he sunk the boot but he wheel spun for ever and I only spun for a split second I took of ahead of him and away I went..but only a quarter mile down the road was a roundabout,he pulled up behind me but went off at a different exit.If it had of been dry he surely would have left me ..good old traction control stopped me from wheel spinning as much as him...

I will say no more as I know the type r is a faster car on normal driving conditions..