Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4agze Vs 4age 20valve

steveonagle

the qeustion im asking is which is quicker and more enjoyable i already know the costs for both conversion into an e11 corolla? sound

4AGZE!! the 20v would is good in an 86 as it's a light car but in the e11 it's cack. Nothing is better the the charger kicking in, throttle boddies are allright but you dont get the kick of a charger!!

20v is suposed to be 165bhp and would be a pain to get over that figure

4agze is suposed to be 165 also but at least you will be able to get 190+ with spending some cash

Agree with Knowlson, a 4A-GE 20v AE86 would be perfect for the track but if it's going into an E11 daily driver the 4A-GZE is the superior engine. More potential, more torque! An oversize pulley kit that increases boost will net you an extra 25-30bhp for less than €200.

The GF & I have a 4AGZE powered MK1 MR2 (original import) with a few tastey tweeks in the engine department. It's currently running 181 bhp with 215pound/ft of torque.

It has internal work done to it as well as a Blitz oversized pulley (with the ABV mod), doyuble sized intercooler, custom exhaust manifold and an HKS air filter.

A standard 4AGZE running a Fensport over-sized pulley (176mm) or the Nonstop Tuning over-sized pulley (180mm) with the ABV Mod will easily see you to 170-ishbhp. Just avoid fitting the Fensport Idler pulley - they're reputed to be pratically made of chocolate.

IMO, it depends what you want out of the car. If it was a track car, i'd go 20v, more challenging to get the best out of.

For a road car, supercharged.

thanks lads thought the 4agze would be better as torque is so high making pulling away more enjoyable now to get the €3600 ready for the swap steep but hopefully worth it.

thanks lads thought the 4agze would be better as torque is so high making pulling away more enjoyable now to get the €3600 ready for the swap steep but hopefully worth it.

ive been wondering the same thing for the last few weeks, i have a 1.6 sr e11 as well, was thinking of upgrading to an import levin, but really love my wee rolla, so thought a 1.6 20v front cut would be a nice conversion, ive heard that the supercharger is quite hard on the petrol. im from ireland aswell, who did you get the price of 3600 euro's? is that including the engine and labour?

ive been wondering the same thing for the last few weeks, i have a 1.6 sr e11 as well, was thinking of upgrading to an import levin, but really love my wee rolla, so thought a 1.6 20v front cut would be a nice conversion, ive heard that the supercharger is quite hard on the petrol. im from ireland aswell, who did you get the price of 3600 euro's? is that including the engine and labour?

pm sent to ya with the details

ive heard that the supercharger is quite hard on the petrol.

I've had a 4A-GZE in my 98 ae111 since June 2003 and in that time my car has been averaging 33mpg - I wasn't getting much more than that when it had a 4E-FE engine in it. But it does depend entirely on how you drive it.

Hey im from Ireland aswell. can u please send me info for the 3600 converstion

it was last year in an email to gunttuning even though its 3600 double it just to make it driveable suspension brakes and other little bits check out ae111sr.co.uk website hes already added a reply prob cheaper to buy faster car sound"!

Hey im from Ireland aswell. can u please send me info for the 3600 converstion

it was last year in an email to gunttuning even though its 3600 double it just to make it driveable suspension brakes and other little bits check out ae111sr.co.uk website hes already added a reply prob cheaper to buy faster car sound"!

And I'm still not finished with it yet :crybaby:

the qeustion im asking is which is quicker and more enjoyable i already know the costs for both conversion into an e11 corolla? sound

More enjoyable?

I'd say it depends on what you want.

If you enjoy the sweet sound of insane amount of rpm's - go for the blacktop!

If you want the speed - go for the agze!

If you wan't speed and rpm's, go for the Silvertop topped with a turbocharger and a bunch of modifications to make the engine live :)

It all depends on how you drive. There is quite a big NA group outside of the UK. Its obvious that the 4AGZE has the most potential to reach big BHP's with many bolt on parts for chargers. But i wouldn't give up on the 20V, i think that it is a more unique engine. :thumbsup:

P.S. AE111SR, do you know how much The guy that did you engine swap would charge for doing the wiring for my E11 20V?

There are a couple of mates over on the Supercharged MR2 / IMOC Forums running (or about to run) big-ish powered AGZE's. One of them is currently running around 250bhp (unreliably as the project has been bugged with problems from day 1).

The other is estimating over 340bhp, but over £25k has gone into the project so far and the engine is still not in the car or running properly. This is a twin-charged project BTW.

It all depends on how much you want to spend at the end of the day.

I am quite happy with our £3k MK1 MR2 that came with 180bhp and shed loads of torque for that price :thumbsup:

P.S. AE111SR, do you know how much The guy that did you engine swap would charge for doing the wiring for my E11 20V?

Not sure mate but give him a ring in the week on 01905 778368 - he's in Droitwich. My car is there at the mo having a Helix organic clutch fitted.