Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long Time, How Is Every One?

96paseo

Hi, how is everu one? havent been on here for a very long time! just looking around to see if any one knows where my paseo is now? It was a 96 paseo that i gave a 4efte engine conv to. here is a pic:

and here is my current car

PB010285.jpg

Hey there Matt, nice improvement there

Well, i'll let Kevin fill in the details, but pretty much the car's had a bit of a mishap and isn't with him anymore...

Everything well with you chap?

ahh.. i remember that motor... looked slick...

Just reading through your old spec and im a bit dubious of the 0-60 claim.. lol... what power was it pushing out?

damn.,.. reason i say that is cos a MR2 Turbo rev1/2 hits 60 in 5.9 and that has 220bhp in standard form.

Is the seao really that light and also with it being FWD i would have thought traction would be an issue.

curb weight is 975 kg

can't remember exact fte figures but i'm sure Riko will be back at some point.

I know there are some mental 1st gen's over in the states running 3-400+ bhp from hybrid setups.

J

in which case i can understand then.. the mr2 has a curb weight of about 1200kg min...

Although i would love to see a vid of a 1/4 mile run for a Paseo as i am still curious how it gets the power down. With it being so light i would have thought that would be a big issue.

That looks awesome, nice spec aswell, as said that 0-60 time is standard uk wrx speed which is !Removed! quick! But if it can do it then what a car!

Thanks for all your comments on my old car. took alot of work to get it like that and its such a shame to hear its been wrecked. Oh well ill just have to get on with something else now!

Yea the 0-60 time was pretty impressive, the car was stripped of all its rear interior and any extra heavy parts were removed or light wieght alternatives were made. Had it weighed at if i remember just under 890kg which was good going! Was a really nice car when i finished it and deeply regreat selling it but then i was off travelling and needed the money.

I have the lotus now but am thinking of buying something else to start as a project, Any suggestions? i like cars that are not the norm and taking on a conversion that has not been done yet.

Cheers

Matt :yahoo:

Really?

I looked up the part number of the E series cam cover gasket (thought that would be fairly standard between all E series engines) for both 12v and 16v versions and then ran the part numbers through the JDM part number cross reference facility and no commercial vehicles came up...

Theres talk of a toyota van that uses the e-series motor.

4e-fte van anyone?! :D hahahaha

Andrew, the car they talk of is the Toyota Raum which is more of a tall hatchback if anything. And interesting fact here, the majority of them came with a 4WD Drivetrain on a 5efe (Albeit, the only transmission available was automatic), so I'm surprised that there aren't more 4wd Seras/Paseos around as the gearbox should mate up, albeit you'll need to adapt the car to the AWD drivetrain (4wd notched oil pan, modifying of spare wheel well, altering transmission tunnel for propshaft...)

hey there matt, hows it going. i got mine running in the end. i still had to buy another paseo and use the ecu in the end. i'm thinking abut turboing it now after all that trouble, just wish you where closerand still had that car

Oi oi, that was a good 'un, sorry to hear about the crash :(

Anyone seen anything of my old one on their travels? Can't believe I drove it around this high (or on those rims) :!Removed!:

gallery_435_76_1106407907.jpg

Bad pic of current motor, can't remember if I ever posted it? 'Rado VR6 on Audi rims amongst other mods & the 'other' project, Mk1 Jetta de-bumpered on Porka rims:

med_gallery_435_231_211742.jpg

med_gallery_435_231_89695.jpg

Who let you back in here??? :P

J

:D :P

Would you believe the front door was wide open!

How's it going? What you bowling around in these days?

bloomin 'eck... a person who's been a memebr on here before i was even born.. :P

Long time no see fella... You now a 'Rado owner ehh.. I rememebr ages ago you was saying you wanted one. :P

Who let you back in here??? :P

J

:D :P

Would you believe the front door was wide open!

How's it going? What you bowling around in these days?

Aye not bad mate - still in the Celica.

Think i've seen your 'rado - you still working in Otford?

J

Hey Fizz – how's it going?

J – yep still down there, it was off the road for a while, still needs a paint job badly! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt , sadly the car was written off in July.. sorry mate. But the good news is the heart beats on in another paseo. was only minor damage to body panels but due to slight kink in chassis that was enough for insurance company.......

All your work not gone to waste I sold the complete Shell with engine /gearbox/front mount etc all good and he did the transpant into his paseo and has since made 167bhp at the fly.. I had just got the head skimmed and new gasket etc valve stem seals and all.. was well ****** off.

Still have a few parts off it as well for my new starbo if I need them.

how did your USA venture go?

as for whoever doubted the performance figures - well I never got the chance to get down the quarter in it but it was a good bit faster than my previous glanza V turbo. which was mildly modded from stock- air filter exhaust etc.. and 16's was best i got in it. I would guess about 15.0-15.5 seconds for the paseo and maybe a bit more than 5.5 secs to 60. probably nearer 6.5..

cheers Kev