Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lotus Elise

Surinder

just been driving around in my mates new lotus elise (s plate), excellent little buggers. I'll have to get the smile surgicaly removed :D :D :D :D :D

what are the mk1 mr2's like for handling and thro around fun?

was thinking of buying one as a bloke round the corner is flogging one for £2500. don't realy now much about these cars.

Surinder..

£2500 sounds a little steep for a mk1 unless it's in perfect condition... or is superly modded!

I don't know much about the mk1s handling/fun hands on m8 but im looking into getting one as well

people have told me they're great fun, great to throw around a track, the handling is go-kart like

they're not as fast as the NA mk2's, but the supercharger for the mk1 is quite a lot of fun and brings the 0-60 down to something impressive

I'd love an Elise but they are a night-mare for reliability & practicality I've heard, plus the insurance! That aside they look sweet & I bet they handle seriously well! :D

My dad hated the elise, with a passion.. he's more into refined german monster cars i think lol

he didnt like the way he cudnt hear the guy next to him cos of the engine, the way it clunked and crashed around on the road etc

he did like the steering though lol

The MKI MR2 (SW11) has a reputation for being A LOT OF FUN!!! It is rumoured to be more nippy and have better handeling than the MKII (SW20).

Wait for Ryan to respond as he a driven (a few) of them and still owns one he was going to do up for track use ;)

Que: Ryan :P

the elise is awesome.... sooooooooo much grip its unreal. took one for a test drive last year and it blew my mind!

its one of the few cars ive been in which can take on a full blown roundabout (with straight edges mind) at 70mph+... its virtually impossible to get the back end out.

the brakes seemed a bit funny to start with, cos they dont have a servo. theyre just... there!

but the only grime i have bout the elise is that u look like a tit when ur tryin to get outta the damn thing! :blink:

Take a shoe-horn with you in an elise and a rope & grappling hook to haul yourself up and out........... :lol:

Take a shoe-horn with you in an elise and a rope & grappling hook to haul yourself up and out........... :lol:

amen!

but the only grime i have bout the elise is that u look like a tit when ur tryin to get outta the damn thing!

:lol::lol: it was hard enough when we got to the pub, but when i got home after a few pints, lets just say i'm glad i have a lawn right next to the driveway :crutchy: :crutchy:

I was talking to someone a little while ago who gets to drive a lot of different top end cars in his job & he said the VX220's are amazing, what does everyone think of them compared to the Elise?

the vx220 turbo is something else, if i had the money that's the one i'd choose

would probably go for the elise 111 over the standard vx though

I was talking to someone a little while ago who gets to drive a lot of different top end cars in his job & he said the VX220's are amazing, what does everyone think of them compared to the Elise?

Apparently it's exactly the same car! even put together by Lotus....Info courtesy of Jezza off top gear.

Apparently it's exactly the same car! even put together by Lotus....Info courtesy of Jezza off top gear.

hmm.. thats not exactly true...

Vauxhall assembles both the VX220 and Elise chassis/bodywork, but the Lotus is finished at their site.

They are based upon the same platform, and essentially are the same car...

But ask yourself, what would you rather drive, a Lotus or a Vauxhall...

Vauxhall assembles both the VX220 and Elise chassis/bodywork, but the Lotus is finished at their site.

To tell you the truth mate, names mean nothing to me (cars and clothes!!) if the product is up to it and i actually prefer the looks of the VX more chunky and less girly. This is of course just an opinion. So me personally would choose the Vaux

To tell you the truth mate, names mean nothing to me (cars and clothes!!) if the product is up to it and i actually prefer the looks of the VX more chunky and less girly. This is of course just an opinion. So me personally would choose the Vaux

You could probably buy a small car for the price difference!! :blink:

going back to ur quesion mate, mk1 mr2 r very nippy, me mate n i went down brands hatch a while ago, although not as fast as the elise but its highly enjoyable taking it to the limit.

You could probably buy a small car for the price difference!! :blink:

What? a whole one thousand quid!?! Of course if you buy the VX220 turbo, it costs the same as the Elise..

Elise is a great car! I was going to buy a sport 135 at one point now that thing was quick!! :lol::lol:

A friend of mine has an exige now that it a totaly impractical silly car but it goes like :censor: of shovel!!!!!

Not sure what an mk1 drives like but after being in an N/A mk2 at the weekend im now impressed with them they can shift :thumbsup:

Big Bad Ant nice motor mate :thumbsup::thumbsup: