Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Incureable Corolla Gti Knocking Noise! Help!

Sir HC

Hi guys.

My Ae92 is making a loud knocking noise from the nearside rear. It only occurs while driving, and doesn't speed up as the car does. I have a long list of things that it isn't, such as the drop link, anti roll bar and shock absorber. I have also looked at the fuel filler pipe ect and all is solid, and no play is evident in the wheel bearing!

So basically, i am stumped. I will check the caliper and wheel bearing on thursday, just to make certain it is not them. I suppose if i cant solve it then a sound deadening pad may be the way to go.

Can anyone help? Any ideas as to what it may be? Please? :(

Cheers

Chris

You could solve this problem simply by selling it, to someone like me? If your interested please pm me

:D

Hi guys.

My Ae92 is making a loud knocking noise from the nearside rear. It only occurs while driving, and doesn't speed up as the car does. I have a long list of things that it isn't, such as the drop link, anti roll bar and shock absorber. I have also looked at the fuel filler pipe ect and all is solid, and no play is evident in the wheel bearing!

So basically, i am stumped. I will check the caliper and wheel bearing on thursday, just to make certain it is not them. I suppose if i cant solve it then a sound deadening pad may be the way to go.

Can anyone help? Any ideas as to what it may be? Please? :(

Cheers

Chris

does it only happen when going over bumps or rough roads?

can you see any thig catching. might be worth checking the trailing arm bushes for wear too.

also check your spare wheel isnt loose, youd be surprised how many strange noises have a simple cure (loud stereo works well)

• 4 weeks later...

This same thing has happened in ost Corolla Gti's I've bought and sold, for some reason it's only the nearside that's suffered and it has always been cured by replacing the nearside rear shock. About £45 for the part and about an hours labour. They even passed Mots with the clonky shock, now when I buy one, if it clonks the shock gets replaced, simple ! Hope that is of some use

i know mine makes a creaking sound sometimes, like the top strut nut is oose and the threads are rubbing in the mount. but i made i beore the Shell up rbuild and still does a bit. even though every pat of the car has bee stripped checked replaced or rebuilt so i give in and listen to the wastegate instead

i agree 100% with the above statements , i had a knocking noise on mine and checked and striped everything down, even removed the rear hubs and stripped the springs off , every thing was perfect ,

in the end replaced both rear shocks and cured the noise ,

my old shocks looked perfect had no play but nocked over bumps

cant work that out, mine creaked with the old GMax shocks and still does with the Koni inserts :huh: .

still if it works..

the little rubber bushes at the top go hard and start to grate. give them a tiny squirt of WD40.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links