Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Manners

bigben122

I have just bought a [y] reg avensis to replace my [w] reg. avensis and found that the clutch in the vvti model is heavey and [sudden]. I had it checked at the dealer who informed me that it was standard for the model. I phoned Toyota and was spoken to by a lady who could use some manners and was not in the least helpfull, and informed me that I should have checked the car before I bought it etc. and was in fact quite rude in her manner.

As the owner of seven Toyotas I thing an enquirey about clutch adjustment was due at least a civil reply and not a lecture by some person who is in the wrong job, after all I think that having purchased a number of toyota cars would contribute to her pay, entitles me to a manerly reply.

However I may consider an other make in future if this is the best Toyota can do. durning@tiscali.co.uk

did you get her name? write a letter to customer sevices (there address is on the forums somewhere) and complain about this persons attitude

:angry: Quite agree about Toyota customer services, they could certainly use some extra training on how to deal with their customers, nothing is Their fault , go and see your dealer seems to be the stock reply.

Writing a letter does not work either, have written two letters, they have only had the courtesy to reply to one.

Found them off hand and with an attitude that says....how dare you ring us.

Snap! I had an X reg Celica VVTI with clutch problems.

1. replaced clutch (faulty pressure plate)

2. replaced clutch, skimmed flywheel (distorted flywheel)

3. fitted "modified" flywheel & clutch.

All this in the space of eight months, had it not been for warranties it would have bankrupted me, as yet another fault devloped (not the clutch) the car and I parted company, at a great loss.

I also had the same attitude problems with the dealer and with Toyota UK, it was as if, how dare you complain! Toyotas are the best cars in the world and they don't have problems. Well I'm afraid they do and hopefully it wont be reflected in my new car.

Yes I baught another Toyota! and so far it is BRILLIANT!!!!

So don't give up, there are the odd crappy cars out there (even Toyotas)

As for the dealers, watch the attitude change when you P.X. your car, It's bliss!! :D

Les

So..can anyone confirm if you're still getting the "This call will be monitored (i.e recorded) for training purposes" message before you speak to your friendly Toyota Customer relations consultant ????

If so, perhaps you could invoke the Freedom of Information legislation you have in UK, to get a copy of that conversation, and send it to the media...someone such as AutoExpress.

Write to the MD???...nice thought but as he actually manages the people who treated you so rudely, give me one reason why you believe he'd treat you any better....

Toyota seems to be much too big these days...they don't seem to "NEED" to care for individual customers anymore, perhaps forthcoming media scrutiny, or a drop in their J D Power customer service rating will eventually go some way to changing this attitude towards us, but don't hold your breath, given the experiences outlined on this board it appears to be part of the systemic culture of the company !

One last thought, always, even when they're being rude to you, treat the CR consultants with courtesy, and never fail to make a note of their NAME, and the TIME and DATE of your call.

This is all so emotionally draining isn't it....hang in there, good luck everyone.

Besides the motoring press it maybe an idea to bypass Toyota GB and communicate directly with Toyota Japan, Im sure they would not be impressed with the customer service operation that Toyota GB is running here in the UK.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links