Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking Of Changing Colour Of My Alloys

smoftah

Hi Guys,

I have a Corolla E12 in balearic blue with the standard T sport alloys on.

I am thinking of getting the wheels painted black and may be painting the calipers.

Anybody have any views on this?

I have asked a few mates and some have said they like the look of it :D and some say they hate it :crybaby: !

Opinions please?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Hi

Have you thought of may be gun metal grey? You need to photoshop a pic first, as black may not suit the car or the colour. It may look too after market or chavy.

Pb

:wacko:

Ok thanks I will post a pic of my car when I get a chance!

I was thinking it may look too chavy, I am tempted by the idea of titanium grey though!

Thanks

I'm really not a fan of black alloys. Even white ones look horrid unless the car is something special. Definitely get a side on picture of your car up here so someone can do the business in photoshop.

Hi,

Well this is mine! :D

DSCF0016.jpg

What you think?

Its kinda like a metallic titanium grey.

It looks like a two tone as it becomes much darker at a angle where there is less light and when u move it to another angle its back to titanium grey again. :thumbsup:

Just need it back onto the car now! lol

Hi,

What you think?

It looks like a two tone as it becomes much darker at a angle where there is less light and when u move it to another angle its back to titanium grey again. :thumbsup:

Wow they look good! I like the titanium colour.

How much did they cost to be painted, if you don't mind me asking?

Difficult thing to know what to do. I bought Bronze rims to put on my Silver AE111 Corolla (no silver ones available in 16s) and hated them so had them refinished in silver before they even got on the road :shutit:

Hi,

What you think?

Wow they look good! I like the titanium colour.

How much did they cost to be painted, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi

Thanks

They were done by my brothers friend! Not bad erh!

Didn't cost anything but he did said it would of cost around £100-150 for this paint job.

I think its much better then any BLING BLING colour thats why i went for a this sleek colour. B)

Search for body sprayer in yell.com around your area and get a some quotes. It shouldn't cost that much as long as your alloys are not kerbed or damaged. :thumbsup:

Hi,

DSCF0016.jpg

What you think?

That's how mine look too... called a 1,000 miles on wet country roads!

I had OE 14's and 17's refurbed in black to be different a few years ago. Alot of people didn't Like the idea, however when they seen it they came round or not-so dead set against it. But the variety, popularity & availabilty now make having black wheels not so unique/different.

I'm gonna contradict myself now.

I've not seen such a bright coloured car with black rims. So you could create your own marmite car, you love it others hate it.

Your cars blue colour turns heads anyway so the rims will be an added bonus to that.

Good luck With your decision.

Richard K

corollasr.jpg

Thanks everyone for your views!

Still undecided I have got my mate to photoshop a pic of a Corolla SR in my colour to have black wheels.

What do you think?

Cheers :thumbsup: