• Bridgestone
    • Michelin
    • Continental
    • Goodyear
    • Pirelli
    • Dunlop
    • Other

Hello there,

i need some new tyres for my corolla, i had bridgestones on there when i got the wheels which i thought were pretty good, but i'm not sure if i should get them again as there could be better ones out there.

So please vote for which ones u think are the best and value for money, and if u choose 'other' please state which ones they are.

PS. Sorry if this topic has already been done :P

So far, i've gone through 3 sets of tyres on my car in 4.5yrs

1st, it came with Dunlops, good tyres but aweful in the wet, was skidding and wheel-spinning all the time, so dropped them after 20K

Next was Goodyear Hydragrips, excellent tyres in both dry and wet, but wore them out within 20K, found out they were a softer compound, and more of a summer tyre than an all year tyre.

Currently on Michelin Energy, another excellent tyre, so far can't fault them.

If i had to pick one of them, it would be the Goodyear's, usd them previsouly in the past and always found them a good choice of tyres.

Bing

:thumbsup:

Depends if your after a performance tyre. I love Goodyear Eagle F1's, excellent grip in the wet and dry, best tyre i've used. My next favourite is Toyo T1-R's, these I think are slightly better in the dry but not so good in the wet.

The only downside with them is that they wear out rather quickly. I went through £1250 worth of Eagle F1's in my S13 200SX (2 sets of fronts, 3 sets of rears) in little over a year and about 6-8k of mileage, and that wasn't with me burning them out/drifting, etc.

At the moment, my Levin is on Toyo T1-R's (on the front) as I found them cheap (have a look in Motorworld for these, their prices match anything you'll find on the net) :) I've got Yokohama A539's on the back and they don't seem too clever.

I don't know what other peoples Levins handle like but mine oversteers quite a bit, both in the wet and dry. This isn't lift off oversteer either, even when i'm foot to the floor the back sometimes steps out. :eek:

The good thing is, the chassis is excellent and the car feels more comfortable sideways than my old S13.

ive just put on toyo t1-r on my corolla, size 205/55/15, and they are awsome, loads of grip in wet and dry, the standard dunlops are a pile of poo.

T1-R's get my choice every time. Excellent grip and are great value, on the downside they're quite a soft compound tyre so won't last as long as some other performance tyres. But I don't care about that!

I had 2 lots of Dunlops on Mine 205/45/ZR15 which i thought where good.

However, i've just shelled out £450 on some Bridgestones and the initial verdict is that Dunlops are Crap!!!

I only 10,000miles out of them.

The Bridgestones feel a lot better.

ive had 3 different makes of tyres, i thought the goodyear eagle f1's were unbeatable, but the new toyo proxies have just proved better overall then the goodyear, but only just slightly!! i once drove a evo with nankangs, possibly the worst tyres ever. drove a elise with bridgestones on the track for a while, didnt think they were any good in the wet and peeled after a few laps in the dry!

im using yokohama advan ao48's. there really good even in the wet...

they dont like puddles tho and are not cheap!

yokohama advan ao48's. there really good even in the wet...they dont like puddles tho

:lol::lol::lol:

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction, good in wet but hates puddles, bit like saying, it's hot ice :lol:

Or are you saying, good in wet, but loses it in standing water, that would mean your on the way to aquaplanning :eek:

Bing

:thumbsup: