Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Brakes

K20VFX

I've looked at a few T Sports recently all claiming 30-40k, but the front discs have looked more like 80k, do T Sports eat front brakes?. Is there an upgrade available as this is the only issue keeping my cash in my pocket.

I haven't owned my t sport long enough to say if it eats front brakes. However the OE brakes are crap. I changed mine to Black Diamond grooved and drilled discs and they are a lot better.

Other upgrades that are available are 3G discs, Endless Pads, EBC Greenstuff Pads. They are all better than OE.

Hope this helps

sanj

My CTS brakes needed replacement at just under 40K, only to be expected with the type of car it is, I mean you dont buy it just to pootle round at 25mph!!

I managed to get my brake discs/pads on-line for £100 and got a mate to fit them, so even when you have to replace them, they should not break the bank!

B)

Both my Ts needed new disks at about 30k. All were fitted by Toyota under warranty including the pads.

Where is the best place to buy black diamond stuff???

My fronts need doing and i'll be buggered before i pay mr t £300 for standard ones plus pads!

Had a quick look but could only find a site that sold them for older corolla's

Cheers for any help!

This is something I find strange my T Sport has done about 34,000 miles and toyota have told me new discs and pads required, pads I can except fair enough but i've never owned any other vehicle that wears discs as fast as pads, this is my original set of disc pads surely it can't be right for the discs to be worn out as well?

This is something I find strange my T Sport has done about 34,000 miles and toyota have told me new discs and pads required, pads I can except fair enough but i've never owned any other vehicle that wears discs as fast as pads, this is my original set of disc pads surely it can't be right for the discs to be worn out as well?

Mines looking particularly sheepish on the disc front as well! Think the discs aren't as good as the car :lol:

Can anybody tell me what is the price for the Black Diamond Discs Drilled and Grooved on the front? I don't fancy paying Fensport price which will touch £180 just seems a bit steep to me.

Especially as I can get drilled Black Diamonds for £120 (http://www.247ppd.com/) but thats not grooved!!!

EBC discs have also be mentioned as good, however they don't do a drilled and grooved option just a vented disc? I bet you'd find a :ffs: load of different discs for the civic type r. Pain in the :ffs: :ffs:

Mines looking particularly sheepish on the disc front as well! Think the discs aren't as good as the car :lol:

Can anybody tell me what is the price for the Black Diamond Discs Drilled and Grooved on the front? I don't fancy paying Fensport price which will touch £180 just seems a bit steep to me.

Especially as I can get drilled Black Diamonds for £120 (http://www.247ppd.com/) but thats not grooved!!!

EBC discs have also be mentioned as good, however they don't do a drilled and grooved option just a vented disc? I bet you'd find a :ffs: load of different discs for the civic type r. Pain in the :ffs: :ffs:

nice find on the black diamonds disc's :thumbsup:

from memory mine were £210 for pads/discs and delivery. part number is KBD 1209 for black diamond discs.

I think its was about £160 for the discs, £45 for the pads and a fiver for postage

I would go for ebc pads though. Don't let the guy from motorsportworld fob you off!. the EBC pads are better than black diamond. just my 2 P worth. that price from 247 is really good.

from memory mine were £210 for pads/discs and delivery. part number is KBD 1209 for black diamond discs.

I think its was about £160 for the discs, £45 for the pads and a fiver for postage

I would go for ebc pads though. Don't let the guy from motorsportworld fob you off!. the EBC pads are better than black diamond. just my 2 P worth. that price from 247 is really good.

i think fensport are charging too much on these brake disc's or is 247ppd.com charging less either way people wont be buying these from fensport now.

eek :eek:

Don't think i'll be forking out that much, though they probably are worth it, drilled and grooved :rolleyes: !

Think i'll just get the drilled ones from 247ppd, or the ebc vented discs from the same website for £80 ish quid!!!

That 247ppd website just to let you know is edworthys.co.uk but under a different name and also price!!! I saved about £20 on ebc greenstuff pads front and back from 247ppd! well would have if i bought them (thats next months project) :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the insight, I'll have to go for an uprated option when i need to, as i've just bought a Compressor.

Tested a few T Sports but the compressor is the nuts compared to my 20v with 236000kms.

i need rear discs ! but yet they didnt say anything about needing pads ! just my read disc are lipped ! this was at her 40k service but i declined to have toyota ones put on her imao !

i cant find a price for the ts brakes on either of those two websites

black diamond part number for ts ..

front disc kbd 1209 pad pp544

rear disc kbd 1287 pad pp545

all i cand find on them site are for thre 1.6 vvti :help:

and fensports prices are 139 for front and 129 for rear but are these black diamond or another make?

edit on motorsport world i can find

Manufacturer Part No. Description Details RRP* Our Price

Nitrac Discs

NTR3858DG Nitrac Drilled + Grooved Discs Corolla 1.8 16v VVT-i T-Sport (ZZE123) 11/01> £144.13 £129.71

NTR3858G12 Nitrac 12 Groove Discs Corolla 1.8 16v VVT-i T-Sport (ZZE123) 11/01> £135.01 £121.51

NTR3858S Nitrac Standard Discs Corolla 1.8 16v VVT-i T-Sport (ZZE123) 11/01> £118.57 £106.71

NTR3627DG Nitrac Drilled + Grooved Discs Corolla 1.8 16v VVT-i T-Sport (ZZE123) 11/01> £174.82 £157.34

NTR3627G12 Nitrac 12 Groove Discs Corolla 1.8 16v VVT-i T-Sport (ZZE123) 11/01> £151.59 £136.43

NTR3627S Nitrac Standard Discs Corolla 1.8 16v VVT-i T-Sport (ZZE123) 11/01> £136.81 £123.13

first price is rrp , 2nd price is there price , http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

whats nitrac disc like ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links