Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P-chip And More Horsepower!

firebean

I have a 2001 Corolla and, as anyone would, want to maximize the horsepower, i read about p-chips increasing horsepower but are they worth it? Do they make em for Corollas? Where can i get it? Any other tips or tricks for increasing horsepower would be great!

Thanks

What corolla do you have??? 1.4, 1.6 or 1.8????

2.0 D4D????

Dan :thumbsup:

opps forgot the details,, i was in a hurry,

2001 Corolla S, 1.8 wit bout 130HP

Generally you get a better performance increase with the induction & exhuast, rather than just a chip.. as Ken says though, it may be worth doing after these first two...

sorry I disagree

A CAI/exhaust will give you much improved throttle response whereas a chip will give you far more bhp than a CAI/exhaust set up

I've been looking into this because i'm chipping/exhausting a 4motion bora soon

From what i've read the chip for this engine will increase bhp and torque by 20bhp/20lbsft

on the 1.8Turbo versions a chip raises the bhp by 40/40lbsft, which is very impressive I think..

An exhaust system definitely helps a remapped engine perform to its optimum also, as well as sounding great :D

Induction kits don't always give better performance, depending on the efficiency of the airbox the better option maybe a drop in filter replacement and modification to the air intake to allow more cold air to pass through it than the stock air intake

:rolleyes: Just what are you disageeing with Sam?

You are doing the exhaust first on the bora.

Then you are dropping a performance filter in and modding the airbox to have more cold air in.

Then you are having it chipped(obviously after the first 2 are done).

Or have i missed something :wacko:

no i'm disagreeing that the chip is not worth doing without the exhaust/cai

a chip will still give u more horsepower than a exhaust/cai would, both individually..

all 3 together is just maximising the potential of the chip

Regards to the bora i'm getting an AmD chip & miltek cat back stainless exhaust done at the same time

then if it needs any modifications to the airbox/intake it'll come in due course :)

However the intake on the 4motion is quite efficient so i'm not sure if I want to mess with this and risk the MAF :S

If you chip the car first with the factory intake and exhaust in place, you wont get your 20bhp increase, you will find that the 20bhp increase is quoted based on the target car having a optimum "free flowing" exhaust and intake setup. If you have the factory stuff these are limiting the engines performance, so other mods will not be so effective.

My view anyway.

Cheers,

Steve.

Having spoken with a few guys that have chipped their 4motions, they have informed me that the chip alone gave them an 18bhp increase, and the 4motions with 30-40k miles on got up to 30bhp increase.

This was found using a rolling road.

yer id say, go the zauhst and intake befor chip.......

but i also have a corolla (98) 1.6, so i want to enhance the performance...but i was also wondering is it really worth it??

Toddy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links