Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Consumption

tosullivan

I'd like to know what kind of mpg they are getting from their 2.0 diesel Verso's?

Ours has 12k miles and we only have it 2 weeks but today was the first time we calculated the mpg and it worked out at 31mpg. I was honestly expecting a lot more.

Now my wife only used the car in the last 2 weeks for the school runs so it was doing 1.5 mile journeys, 8 times a day and a bit of driving about at the weekends.

44 litres of diesel it took today to fill from doing 300miles.

That sounds pretty poor for a diesel, but they say diesels get better with age for fuel economy?

I have a T-spirit Automatic and I am getting approx 28mpg, so I would have thought you could get a lot more with a Diesel.

Too many short journeys, the longer the journeys are, the more you will see fuel consumption increase!!! 38mpg for London, 45 for Urban, 52+ for motorways!!!

• 4 months later...
My wife used the car in the last 2 weeks for the school runs so it was doing 1.5 mile journeys, 8 times a day and a bit of driving about at the weekends.

There's you're answer I'm afraid. Over shorter journies a diesel ig going to be potentially worse than a petrol in terms of consumption becuase they take longer to warm up (and therefore the fuel enrichment mechanism to stop it from stalling when cold is going to be active for longer).

have since done long journeys on motorway and have just about gotten 1000km from a tank...

This month 404miles for 45.5l so now 37.9mpg. Hopefully will see this creep up as the engine is used more.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links