Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valuation Please - June 04 Corolla T-sport

MJG

Just as it says in the title really.

Time to move on and sell my much loved Corolla t-sport.

Under 25K miles - taxed 'till 31st July 07. Full Toyota Main dealer service history.

Standard, no mods (it doesn't need any!!!).

You know the rest of the spec i.e. it's very good.

Interior and exterior in great condition.

Me as second owner.

Metallic grey (apols. don't know correct name).

Funds needed to revert to Land Rover ownership :o

For a private sale - how much would be asking?????? :unsure:

Try here:

Parkers price guide

Cheers.

Thanks for that - I hadn't appreciated that Parkers had gone 'on line'. I looked for one of their guides yesterday in the local store but couldn't locate one.

It says £8400 - which is interesting as I guessed about £8500.

Thanks again.

if its pre facelift £7400

or facelift £7900

these are the prices quoted by wisebuyers guides for the standard 3dr t sport with no sunroof, leather, sat nav etc..... for a private sale.

:thumbsup:

I bought an Aug 04 TS from a main dealer four weeks ago.

17,000 miles - £7500

Hope this helps

Hi that's intersting... which main dealer was that.

Did the deal include a PX???

if its pre facelift £7400

or facelift £7900

these are the prices quoted by wisebuyers guides for the standard 3dr t sport with no sunroof, leather, sat nav etc..... for a private sale.

:thumbsup:

Facelift, which means Jazz123 got a bargain....wow....

I bought an Aug 04 TS from a main dealer four weeks ago.

17,000 miles - £7500

Hope this helps

Hi again,

Any chance you could post here or PM me a pdf of your sales invoice?????

Feel free to remove all personally identifiable info. but at £7,500 I really need evidence to be able contact Parkers on line guide and take them to task.

They are quoting £9,750 for a 04 t-sport like mine from a franchise main dealer and £9,050 from a non-franchise dealer. To get one at £2k below this is remarkable to say the least. I really could do with some hard evidence to challenge them so a copy of your sales invoice as above would be really great.

Many thanks.

In all honesty I think that Parkers probably haven't updated their system to take into account that the corolla is officially discontinued as of tomorrow and has been replaced by the Auris. Once the Auris was announced, the 2nd hand corolla market did take a bit of a nose dive.

In all honesty I think that Parkers probably haven't updated their system to take into account that the corolla is officially discontinued as of tomorrow and has been replaced by the Auris. Once the Auris was announced, the 2nd hand corolla market did take a bit of a nose dive.

To the tune of 2k :o , that seems a very steep dive.......

MJG,

Unfortunately mine is pre facelift, was registered after the change! However, I can copy the sales invoice and forward it if anyone wants!.

They did say it had been on the forecourt for a while, was just after christmas and wanted a quick sale.

No Part-ex, cash sale. Did not shift on price, was just a tadge over 7.5 K

Was a dealer in Bristol.

MJG,

Unfortunately mine is pre facelift, was registered after the change! However, I can copy the sales invoice and forward it if anyone wants!.

They did say it had been on the forecourt for a while, was just after christmas and wanted a quick sale.

No Part-ex, cash sale. Did not shift on price, was just a tadge over 7.5 K

Was a dealer in Bristol.

Noted - I understand now. I will get back if I need a copy but if I am going to argue the toss with Parkers the first thing they are going to raise is that yours is the older version all be it that it was registered after mine (mine was June 04) - does explain why there is a least some a difference between what you paid and what Parkers say though -

Thanks again.

Big problem with the parkers guides and all the others available is that as soon as they are published they are out of date. For example how many car models are there available, they first have to research all the prices for them, then work out all the data, print it and publish it. Could be a month or two! In which time things change! like a new reg gets released etc etc!

Plus another big problem no two books are the same, parkers and some other may quote a £1k difference!

Then your last problem is the buyer! A buyer is always gonna knock your price down! Rule of thumb what do you want for for your car, smack a few hundred on it put it up for sale and see what happens! The market is ever changing so what you'd like might not be what you'd get!

The biggest problem is the market for the corolla t sport isn't that big! Look how many compressors are up for sale on the autotrader and on ebay's (classfied car pages). A £20k car that you can pick up for £15k (with hardly anything on the clock), that pushes the value of the original and facelift t sports down.

i agree, the market for t sports is small. they don't have the same image as civic type R's and every magazine has slated it for having poor handling.

However it does have a few good points, such as relatively low insurance group, very good ride for a modest sports car, cheap parts and the later facelift cars had better suspension IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Well all sold now - got very little interest in the car which surprised me to be honest, such a great reliable and fast car and nobody wanted it. Sold to a dealer as needed a wedge to start in ernest the look for a Land Rover...

If anybody wants it is now in 'Carcraft' at Birtley but you'll pay them a lot more than you would have me!!!

So no longer a Toyota owner so 'adios' folks..... :thumbsup: