Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'01 Yaris Auto Door Lock

m14mclaren

Hi,

I have a 01 Toyota Vitz RS, or what ever that is called in your area. The doors have started locking themselves randomly, I looked in my manual and it says it is a feature of the car, but since it hasn't always happened I figure it must be able to be switched off, does anyone know how?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a 01 Toyota Vitz RS, or what ever that is called in your area. The doors have started locking themselves randomly, I looked in my manual and it says it is a feature of the car, but since it hasn't always happened I figure it must be able to be switched off, does anyone know how?

Thanks

The door will automatically lock itself after 30 sec if none of the doors are opened during that time. (presume you unlock your car using the remote). I first thought it was random until I realise the situation that it will happen. You will get use to it.

P.S. Opening the boot doesn't count as opening the doors, so the auto lock will still happen after 30sec.

About switching the feature off, I am not sure myself, so wait for someone who knows the Yaris well then :thumbsup:

The auto locking on my yaris does appear to be random, sometimes it will lock and other times it wont do a thing.

The auto locking on my yaris does appear to be random, sometimes it will lock and other times it wont do a thing.

Same here and on my Corolla :wacko:

Always seems to lock when you don't want to and doesn't when you want it to :rolleyes: