Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carina E Centre Consol Removal

Darrenn

Hi all,

I've just bought a 97 Carina E 1.8 CD Auto as my workhorse car!

It's fantastic and runs like a dream - especially compared to the Mondeos and Laguna's I was looking at initially. Thank god I decided to go Japanese in the end!!

Anway - the only prob is that the lights behind the digital clock, foglight and rear-demister are not working.

What's the easiest way to replace them? If I remove the radio can I get access to them - or is a dashboard off jobbie?

Cheers

Darren

The centre console does just ping out, however, be careful as those 3 buttons, fog, rear demist and hazard come out with it.

You can reach round the back after the console is out and detach them, but be very, VERY careful as they have a tensancy to snap.... if that happens you will need to superglue the buttons back in place.

From there, you should be able to see/have access to the bulbs, however, I have never attempted to to the bulbs myself, I removed the centre console in order to fit a stereo...

Use a small screwdriver with same tape over the tip, then carefully wedge left and right of the vents and left and right of the open slot underthe radio. The console should get lose.

Then you can disconnect the switches from the console and replace the bulb. In my opion you can not change the bulb in the clock since hasn't got one. The housing of the clock is also casted so you cannot get in there without breaking it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice - I'll give it a go, and pray I don't snap anything!

I assumed the digital clock had a bulb as I can't see it when it's dark!! It doesn't illuminate when the lights are on - I thought this was strange, but perhaps that's just how it is!

Cheers

Darren

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the advice - I'll give it a go, and pray I don't snap anything!

I assumed the digital clock had a bulb as I can't see it when it's dark!! It doesn't illuminate when the lights are on - I thought this was strange, but perhaps that's just how it is!

Cheers

Darren

Is the clock not supposed to actually DIM when you put lights on? Just a thought.