Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris T180

K19NE G

As the title says, when is the T180 on sale in the UK in 3 door? One in white with the TTE kit is the only one in the range that would remotely interest me, even as a company car. I've driven other models with the 2.2 D4D engine and I have to say the engine is SWEET!!! :toast:

As the title says, when is the T180 on sale in the UK in 3 door? One in white with the TTE kit is the only one in the range that would remotely interest me, even as a company car. I've driven other models with the 2.2 D4D engine and I have to say the engine is SWEET!!! :toast:

Everything I've read so far suggests the T180 will be available from April. I believe it will be built in Derbyshire (5-door) and Turkey (3-door).

Sirua is correct, it should be April. But judging by the farce that has been the regular Auris launch, I would probably say you won't be able to drive one away for a couple of weeks after the launch. So far from all the people on the forums that have pre-ordered a normal Auris I think Kian is the only person who's managed to actually get hold of one. Everyone else is being taken for a ride (no pun intended) by the dealers.

Sirua is correct, it should be April. But judging by the farce that has been the regular Auris launch, I would probably say you won't be able to drive one away for a couple of weeks after the launch. So far from all the people on the forums that have pre-ordered a normal Auris I think Kian is the only person who's managed to actually get hold of one. Everyone else is being taken for a ride (no pun intended) by the dealers.

Sounds worrying! Yeah the pick-up seems to be very slow and I've only seen two in the flesh - one at a dealers!

Everything I've read so far suggests the T180 will be available from April. I believe it will be built in Derbyshire (5-door) and Turkey (3-door).

Turkey!!!??? :eek: Should quality be an issue or a worry for 3 door owners??? I'd be thinking of a 3 door (mind you the quality of the UK built Corollas wasn't up to much anyway!)

Hi my girlfriend works in the accounts dept of a toyota dealer.

They took delivery of the 180 today as a demo so should be on test by next week. :thumbsup:

They took delivery of the 180 today as a demo so should be on test by next week. :thumbsup:

I think I'll have a look when they get one at my local Toyota as I'm thinking of going for a company car rather than my car allowance...

I think I'll have a look when they get one at my local Toyota as I'm thinking of going for a company car rather than my car allowance...

I ordered in Feb and received a call from the dealer to say I will be in it before the end of March.

I ordered in Feb and received a call from the dealer to say I will be in it before the end of March.

B)-->

QUOTE(Brian B @ Mar 14 2007, 06:34 PM)

Latest call and can pick up next Friday morning, can't come early enough now :yahoo:

Good stuff! Well I rang Jemca Toyota in Edgware and they now have a demo T180 so I'm goin for a test drive next week... will let everyone know what I think! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been testing the T-180 for a couple of days and placed my order yesterday for delivery 14th. April 0930 in the morning. Got a really good trade in against my T-Sport. I was apprehensive in changing to a diesel having never driven one before but this car is awsome. Mid range will blow my T-Sport of the road. The power band of 2000-2600 with 400 torques on tap is mind blowing just like the T-sport hitting lift but without the noise. Power delivery is instant and smooth.

I've been testing the T-180 for a couple of days and placed my order yesterday for delivery 14th. April 0930 in the morning. Got a really good trade in against my T-Sport. I was apprehensive in changing to a diesel having never driven one before but this car is awsome. Mid range will blow my T-Sport of the road. The power band of 2000-2600 with 400 torques on tap is mind blowing just like the T-sport hitting lift but without the noise. Power delivery is instant and smooth.

I've had mine for a week now and am more than satisfied with performance but can't wait until I can really try the power. The Celica 140 I had seemed a reasonable performer but when this has been worn in I think I will suddenly realise what it was lacking. After driving Celica's for 5 year's I was in town traffic today and became aware of the high ride of the Auris. No complaint's though, comfort, ride and handling seem to be very smooth.

B)-->

QUOTE(Brian B @ Mar 30 2007, 07:49 PM)

I've had mine for a week now and am more than satisfied with performance but can't wait until I can really try the power. The Celica 140 I had seemed a reasonable performer but when this has been worn in I think I will suddenly realise what it was lacking. After driving Celica's for 5 year's I was in town traffic today and became aware of the high ride of the Auris. No complaint's though, comfort, ride and handling seem to be very smooth.

what sort of Mpg are you peeps getting from your T180's

i got 44mpg on country roads today and you'll get around 40mpg even if you drive hard.

I'm so impressed with the t180 auris, for me its worth the extra over a 2.0d t-spirit. The engine is really top notch. I couldn't belive how quiet it was for a start, but the power delivery is crazy. You'll get an instant reponse in any gear at any rev providing its not very low. If your on the edge of the power band about 1,800rpm you'll have to be careful you dont seriously break the limit.

So to justify spending an extra 1.5k on the t180 you'll get some very nice wheels indeed, better low profile tires, lowered suspension and a brand new rear wishbone setup which really does work very nicely, handling is great, it grips the road and wont step out of line... i tested this on a big roundabout away from main roads when it was empty. Other than what is mentioned the exterior isn't much different but the way it sits and the tires give it a very nice character. Inside the interior is more refined than even the t-spirit it has extra silver stiching, a sunroof and VSC and something else for stability i think - the extra money is justified for me.

It may not look like a new honda civic but i've lost my love for those, they were radical in design when they came out and the worked really well but i think they will date easily. The t180 is unpredicatble when you encounter a cocky bmw driver and the annoying VW tdi (total di*khead inside) drivers can be left wondering how a toyota could have outgunned them so well. It may not be a hot hatch but i think its immense power, good fuel economy and lack of full sport body kit and massive spoiler will give it a much longer shelf life in my home.

The only bad things about this car are the hidiously low centre arm rest, it sits low and the wishbone suspension can catch the ground when going up and over slopes; and because the engine is so powerful this car is a licsense loser if you dont drive sensibly.

and to add i think this t180 engine will get even better on performance. You could hear the turbo really whilstling most of the time. I was grilling a friend who works and develops engine management systems for diesel engines at landrover.

To cut a long story short most if not all modern engines have so many sensors to monitor and control an engine that the engine will protect itself from damage and it does this by limiting excessive power delivery if the engine hasn't run in enough, he lost me on the technicals.

That said he did stress it is very important to run them in properly, keeping light acceleration for at least 500 miles then gradually increase the revs every few hundred miles until you reach around 1k miles - the gradual increase in revs up to max creates even run in for the piston heads or something... :rolleyes:

and to add i think this t180 engine will get even better on performance. You could hear the turbo really whilstling most of the time. I was grilling a friend who works and develops engine management systems for diesel engines at landrover.

To cut a long story short most if not all modern engines have so many sensors to monitor and control an engine that the engine will protect itself from damage and it does this by limiting excessive power delivery if the engine hasn't run in enough, he lost me on the technicals.

That said he did stress it is very important to run them in properly, keeping light acceleration for at least 500 miles then gradually increase the revs every few hundred miles until you reach around 1k miles - the gradual increase in revs up to max creates even run in for the piston heads or something... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the nice write up. I'll put mine in later.

It is certainly a mid range danger for speeding convictions. Dumping almost all the other diesels out there is very satisfiying. And as you say coming out of roundabouts is immense fun.

I'm in the process of changing my car and have been testing several diesels along the way. Last weekend I took out an Auris 180 for an extended test and have to say I was slightly underwhelmed performance wise, but I think thats probably due to the power delivery being so smooth and linear. I relunctantly test drove a Seat 130 and 140 Tdi the same weekend and found the mid range punch utterly savage, it really smacked me back in the seat and have to say I was quite impressed, I've never got that from any Toyota diesel, the Auris probably is as fast but it just didnt feel it. I am a huge Toyota fan though and will probably not stray from them.

I\\\'m in the process of changing my car and have been testing several diesels along the way. Last weekend I took out an Auris 180 for an extended test and have to say I was slightly underwhelmed performance wise, but I think thats probably due to the power delivery being so smooth and linear. I relunctantly test drove a Seat 130 and 140 Tdi the same weekend and found the mid range punch utterly savage, it really smacked me back in the seat and have to say I was quite impressed, I\\\'ve never got that from any Toyota diesel, the Auris probably is as fast but it just didnt feel it. I am a huge Toyota fan though and will probably not stray from them.

Thats because the VW PD engines have very high injection pressures, I think they have a pump sitting on top of each cylinder as opposed to one pump running all injectors, which generally gives them that instant responsive urge that a lot of common rail types dont have. Thats my understanding anyway for what its worth.

I'm in the process of changing my car and have been testing several diesels along the way. Last weekend I took out an Auris 180 for an extended test and have to say I was slightly underwhelmed performance wise, but I think thats probably due to the power delivery being so smooth and linear. I relunctantly test drove a Seat 130 and 140 Tdi the same weekend and found the mid range punch utterly savage, it really smacked me back in the seat and have to say I was quite impressed, I've never got that from any Toyota diesel, the Auris probably is as fast but it just didnt feel it. I am a huge Toyota fan though and will probably not stray from them.

I'm not defending the Auris as it has failed to stir my total attention so far, but I do believe it takes quite a while for the 177BHP diesel to open out. My boss has the Lexus IS220d with the same engine and he couldn't believe the difference after the first 1000 miles... what mileage was on the test car?

450 miles was my test one and it was !Removed! quick. Even my mrs who drove it said "it just wants to go".

I was told by a friend who develops engine management systems for landrover that modern diesels have sensors on everything. Controlled by the ECU they limit power to the engine if they think excessive power could cause any damage to the mechanics of the engine. I dont know the technicals but in a nutshell he said something like the oil and the cam shafts and pistons take time to bed into the engine. To bed in properly you need to gradually increase the rev's, even small increases in revs means a few extra mm's in the shafts or something.

Eventually the engine will fully open up and power will not be limited. Funnily enough he said the engine limits power by restricting the voltage in the accelerator pedal. Apparently there is no cable of pyhsical connection its just a potentiometer that judges how much u press down. THe ECU restricts this to prevent engine damage, it also uses this mention to kick in the limp home mode u hear about.

The mileage of my test car was roughly 800, and my experience of diesels is they're not even run in until about 20,000. I think the engine was so quiet and refined, the power delivery so smooth that the performance was deceptive. I did get the impression the car was quite heavy though, a feeling of solidity maybe, but wish I could have tested one with 25k to really experience it to the maximum. It definitely felt like a car capable of big mileage and longevity for sure.