Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Locking

MrWinkey

Hi Guys,

(yet another question).

Does anyone know what this is?

The Central Locking has started to work on and off, with either set of keys. Is this something simple like the Battery in the key running down, or something more sinister?

To be honest the two times it hasn't worked have been parked in our drive, which is a reasonable steep slope, and the car is parked nose first (pointing down).

I have tried both sets of keys and neither work when its not working.

It did this first last night after we got home from work, but was fine this morning, and then did it again mid evening tonight.

It only doesn't work while sat, it seems that either starting the engine or moving it sorts it out. By moving it i mean away from our drive, as it worked both at work and in the supermarket car park.

Cheers,

Jay

I had a similar problem not long ago, cental locking would work eveywhere except outside my house! I think it was down to radio reception interference. To solve it, i think you can have the the frequencies changed by Mr T. I just put up with it in the end, i couldnt afford to hand over any more of my hard earned cash to Toyota!! For the time being it seems to be working fine tho, touch wood!

Hi Guys,

(yet another question).

Does anyone know what this is?

The Central Locking has started to work on and off, with either set of keys. Is this something simple like the battery in the key running down, or something more sinister?

To be honest the two times it hasn't worked have been parked in our drive, which is a reasonable steep slope, and the car is parked nose first (pointing down).

Is anyone near you a radio HAM? high levels of RF could 'swamp' the receiver and stop it from working.

(happens to me if I'm talking on my handheld and I try to unlock the car, letting go the PTT button on the handheld does the trick!)

Hi Guys,

cheers for the replies, you have thankfully confirmed what i thought.

i dont know exactly what it is that is interfearing with it, as it is periodic, mainly mid evening. It is normally fine in the morning at about 7am and again at about 6 - 6.30 when we return home, but then if we go out a little later, it doesn't work.

I will look around at my neighbours to see who has a big aerial on there house and go cut it off with my angle grinder. only joking. lol.

cheers again, thats made me feel a lot better.

Jay

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links