Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1991 Toyota Corolla Dx Engine Swap?

Death

Hi. New to this forum. I have the folowing question. Can I drop a 4AGE engine in my Corolla? It has the 4AFE right now. If yes is it a easy drop in? Thanks.

Oops forgot to mention it was a 1991 Corolla DX with the 4AFE engine. Someone told me it was same block as 4AGE. If so can it be swapped with no trouble at all? Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I've replaced the 4A-FE in my 98 Uk spec Corolla with a 4A-GZE. It drops straight onto the engine mounts. Biggest part was getting the looms mated - got mine done professionally by a guy who been doing it for years.

• 1 year later...

Maybe these questions have been ask but i am new and need some :help:

Will a 4age 20 valve be the same as the 16 valve. I mean will it fit on the corolla dx 91 or 92 easy? Or does it change?

Another question is will the 4afe trasmission work on the 4age engine?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...
Maybe these questions have been ask but i am new and need some :help:

Will a 4age 20 valve be the same as the 16 valve. I mean will it fit on the corolla dx 91 or 92 easy? Or does it change?

Another question is will the 4afe trasmission work on the 4age engine?

Thanks in advance.

Basicly all A-series Toyota engines fits for others places (example 4A-F to 4A-FE).

The engine mounts are same, differences are in cylinder head, cam shafts and the way of aspiration. Most difficult part in engine swap is wiring the engine electrics for the new engine. I think that A-FE:s gearbox fits to A-GE ( if I remember right the afe has C50 and age C52 transmission) BUT it is easier swap the gearbox at the same time with engine. These are few things, that i have learned from the Finnish Toyota Club B)

• 1 month later...

i have a 91 waggon i had in a 20v and have a 3s gte (165) in it now

i have a 91 waggon i had in a 20v and have a 3s gte (165) in it now

• 15 years later...

Hello i’m new to this forum and i wanted to know if a standard 97 corolla dx engine would fit in my 91 corolla dx(currently an auto idk if that matters) is there anything i’d have to adapt or change? has anyone done this? please let me know on anything such as what would be different. Thanks in advance