Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Lowering

Devilstreak

Hi all, Pretty knew to all of this, but i have just brought a 2000 Corolla 1.6 Sr.. and i have put some 17s on it. and was wondering what would be a sensible height to lower it? i was thinking 45-50mm? would this be ok without any rubbing etc. and what springs would you use? any help greatly appreciated.

Dan :thumbsup:

I'll admit now that I know nothing of the older corollas btu on the new model (E12) it's suicidal to drop the car more than 35mm on the standard shocks. Anything lower than that and you're asking for a hefty repair bill. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of your model will; be along shortly to clarify matters.

i got 17" and it rubs with passangers! i got tte (about 35mm drop i think) springs but havent lowerd her yet coz im too damn lazy :)

there is a member on here that has it lowerd 45mm (Pi springs if im not mistaking) and he has got the arches rolled

some people say that it'd sensible to upgrade the shocks if you are lowering by that much

i was informed that whilst it is safe to drop it up to about 40mm on the rear shocks, whilst they are standard, anything more than 30mm drop at the front needs to have uprated shocks. I have a set of 'Fensport' springs (35mm) and have uprated front KYB shocks (20% stiffer than OE) :D hope this helps.

I'm running 15" and they fill the arches quite nicely with 65 profile tyres, id hazard that you could get 17" with prfile 45 tyres in with this kind of lowering tho. I wouldn't drop the corolla past about 40 as it is quite a low car to begin with.

ah didnt know that! you know the KYB shocks fensport got on their website, are they uprated shocks same as what you got?

ah didnt know that! you know the KYB shocks fensport got on their website, are they uprated shocks same as what you got?

Yep, those are the ones. You can really feel the extra 20% along with the stiffened springs. Unforgiving on potholes but fantastic through corners. :lol:

17s with an offset of 42 will go down 40mm but you will get rubbing on the rear arch liner with passengers in the back, go with fensport or tte springs and if you can afford it replace your shocks with new OE ones as your old ones will knacker quickly if theyve got a few miles on them, i can recommend the fensport springs i tried some others and wasnt that impressed, coupled with KYBs it should be good setup, Hard but good :thumbsup: