Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got Bored While On Holiday At Home

Kerby

Well today i have been keepin myself busy. as some of you may know i am going to be installing a car pc into my car. ive had the pc sat on the floor for the last 4 months doing nothing cos i just couldnt be ubikd doing anything. but im off work for the next 2 weeks so thought i might as well give it a bash

here is the pc case which is specially made to go in cars called a VOOM PC

IMG_0017copy.jpg

and i will be running software called centrafuse. i have reskinned it so it is customised to my car

centrafuse.jpg

anyway today i got cracking on getting the screen installed into the dash. i will be getting rid of the normal head unit as it will no longer be needed.

I purchased a double din facia adapter from toyota and measure the Lilliput screen up behind it. it obviously wasnt going to fit then i had to invest in a dremel and get cutting away

before

screen_2copy.jpg

after

IMG_0098copy.jpg

after all that hacking it was time to see f it would all fit in the facia

IMG_0100copy.jpg

IMG_0099copy.jpg

next step lookin a bit of a mess

IMG_0104copy.jpg

after a bit of sanding it looks better

IMG_0105copy.jpg

a few coats of primer later

IMG_0106copy.jpg

a couple of coats of paint

IMG_0107copy.jpg

the finished screen

IMG_0114copy.jpg

IMG_0116copy.jpg

:eek: that is amazing. what things can you do on it? is it like a normal pc or does it have a totally different operating system? :thumbsup:

can do exactly what a pc can do. it runs of windows. will have wireless internet built in as well

I do like that very much but I'd be afraid of it attracting the attention of the less honest members of society?

Looking very smart Chris :thumbsup:

Have to agree with Al though.... I'd just be concerned of the undesirables in society trying their luck.... I suppose it does look quite inconspicuous though...

That'd be mega for a Sat Nav system as well - connect a GPS up and get some Sat Nav software... I'm guessing that could be done quite easily :thumbsup:

haha havin a screen in my car is the least of my worries. my car is nickable enough as it is but i know what mean. sat nav software should be goin in at some point. but for the time being ill stick to my trusty tomtom

haha havin a screen in my car is the least of my worries. my car is nickable enough as it is but i know what mean. sat nav software should be goin in at some point. but for the time being ill stick to my trusty tomtom

Yes, I do see what you mean. Perhaps a cover for it when you're out of the car? You've obviously got the skills. :yes:

yep yaris first as far as im aware. the gauges are bein sprayed up atm. should be installed at the weekend as well. the software has OBDII control on it so that is a future option

yep yaris first as far as im aware. the gauges are bein sprayed up atm. should be installed at the weekend as well. the software has OBDII control on it so that is a future option

Could you tell me how the radio works in a carputer?? Is it software based or hardware based?? That's the only question which I couldn't find an answer to. I hope you can tell me.

Thanks!

grr i had this planned too but was waiting till i swapped the old SR for a T-Sport in the summer well 3 months lol but looks great pal... plus when i come to do mine i can quiz ya if i have any problems :P

As said mate, looks awesome, i know the time and effort gone into it, should be very pleased :thumbsup:

Looks awsome mate,

where abouts is the computer hiding??

is there room behind the screen for it?

Brad =)

I reckon under a seat would be a good place for the carputer itself.

How much did you spend on it and have you any pics of it working? and does it have touch screen or wat are u using to control it?