Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbe............. My New Ke70 Corolla

uncle silvia

Hi all :D

Yes I know my title is UNCLE SILVIA but thats only one of my cars!!

My silvia is a full drift spec car and is abit thursty to use every day, so i decided to look for a cheap runaround!!

Now, anyone who knows me knows I dont do ordinery cars!!

I decided I wanted something "old skool jap" to park next to the silvia!!

After asking and looking about, with not much luck my mate stumbled across this..............

Here is my 1981 Toyota Corolla KE70 1300 that I picked up last week!!

This car is so clean and origional, I couldnt believe it when my friend brought it around!

It was owned by an old gentleman that passed away and his family just took his car to the local scrap yard in cornwall! The guys at the scrapyard thought it was too good to scrap so sold it as a whole! A friend of mine knew i was after something "old skool jap" and when he saw it in the yard he told me about it! To cut a long story short............ Its now mine :thumbs: .

This car has all the O/E parts and lots of bits like Toyota floor mats, tool kit, Books etc and even has some maps from 1981 lol!!

Its in really good condition to and only has some rust on the bottom of the drivers door!! The car looks like nothing has ever been inside it and nothing is used, broken or worn!!

I wanted something cool but cheap so I can use it as my daily driver as the Silvia was a bit thursty to use every day!! However, It is going to get loved and have a few nice features added to it (see bottom pic!!)

Anyway, heres some pics :D

MyKE70001.jpg

MyKE70003.jpg

MyKE70004.jpg

MyKE70019.jpg

MyKE70005.jpg

MyKE70006.jpg

MyKE70007.jpg

MyKE70009.jpg

MyKE70010.jpg

MyKE70008.jpg

MyKE70012.jpg

MyKE70011.jpg

MyKE70014.jpg

MyKE70016.jpg

MyKE70017.jpg

And this Is something like it will look like when its done!! All in good taste with period parts!! :thumbsup:

momoft1014-img600x450-11606.jpg

You're lucky to get such a clean example!!! :eek::toast: Is it all original or repaired at some stage?

I like the Silvia too by the way... lucky :censor: he he he!! :D

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

I cant see any sign of any welding or repairs, although I am going to repair the rusty drivers door before it gets any worse!! :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!

Right.... as you know i pulled it out of a scrapheap just over a week ago, Ive not done any work to the car except polish it!

I took it for its MOT test today, and........................

....................IT PASSED!!!! Nothing wrong with it at all!!!!!!!! :toast:

My mechanic told me that it was much cleaner than the 2004 Rover he MOTed after mine :yahoo:

Hi, Uncle Silvia

Guess what, I picked up a Corolla 1980 4 door saloon like yours on Saturday 17March , I really thought they were rare but reading ur story I am happy to also be a proud owner of a KE70, mine is in Red, 59k on the clock and totally standard.... its in pretty good nick too.... I got from a place called Pickering in North Yorkshire and the owner i bought it off has had it since June last year, he got it MOT'd & taxed for 6 months and in November once tax expired he stopped driving and he parked it up..... prior to that the owner is now an 83 year old disabled lady who had it from brand new... ... and its still got the original number plates from the supplying dealer....as well as the sticker i the rear window.... never been banged !!! I even noticed another sticker stating it had been rust proofed...amazing...... i will post pictures soon... coz im sure u r going to want to see them !!!!

Take care !!! and look after that corolla of urs !!!!!

Hi, Uncle Silvia

Guess what, I picked up a Corolla 1980 4 door saloon like yours on Saturday 17March , I really thought they were rare but reading ur story I am happy to also be a proud owner of a KE70, mine is in Red, 59k on the clock and totally standard.... its in pretty good nick too.... I got from a place called Pickering in North Yorkshire and the owner i bought it off has had it since June last year, he got it MOT'd & taxed for 6 months and in November once tax expired he stopped driving and he parked it up..... prior to that the owner is now an 83 year old disabled lady who had it from brand new... ... and its still got the original number plates from the supplying dealer....as well as the sticker i the rear window.... never been banged !!! I even noticed another sticker stating it had been rust proofed...amazing...... i will post pictures soon... coz im sure u r going to want to see them !!!!

Take care !!! and look after that corolla of urs !!!!!

Nice onr mate!! :thumbsup:

Would be very interested in seeing your car!!

Yet another one rescued from the scrappy!! :yahoo:

contact me on msn if you want, would be good to talk to a simular owner :D

Scott

nice buys guys.

good to see people are still looking after these cars.

i love classics

• 1 month later...

Lovely car - brings back a lot of happy memories - my Dad had one (in silver with the blue interior). I remember his was bought on the 21st May 1980 (on my Mum's birthday). I subsequently 'inherited' it in 1986 (when he stopped driving), learned to drive in it & passed my test in 1987.

So sorry it was traded in in 1995.

Bought a TE71 in 2004 to try to regain the lost years (youth & hair).

Added a KE25 in 2005.

My email is paulsoave1969@hotmail.com if you'd like a few snaps.

Is yours a 4 or 5 speed?

All the best with your project.

Paul :)

Hi all, ive been naughty :crybaby: and sold my KE70 only because I found something ive been longing for !!! Ive now got a Toyota Corolla GTi on a J plate with ONLY 32K on the clock !!! YES 32k on clock !!! totally immac condition.... its red and a Minter.....old lady owner for 15 years and then passed it to her son last November and he just had it sitting in the garage till he sold it...IVE GOT IT !!! WICKED !!!

My only other Toyota I want is an AE82 in BLACK and id swap this for that if it is a minter too !!!!

Take care all !!!!! Mr KE70 (i shud change my name to Mr AE92) LOL...

Lovely car - brings back a lot of happy memories - my Dad had one (in silver with the blue interior). I remember his was bought on the 21st May 1980 (on my Mum's birthday). I subsequently 'inherited' it in 1986 (when he stopped driving), learned to drive in it & passed my test in 1987.

So sorry it was traded in in 1995.

Bought a TE71 in 2004 to try to regain the lost years (youth & hair).

Added a KE25 in 2005.

My email is paulsoave1969@hotmail.com if you'd like a few snaps.

Is yours a 4 or 5 speed?

All the best with your project.

Paul :)

Glad to see your a fan from the start :thumbsup:

I would love to see some pics of your car!! Email on way from me :yahoo:

Yup good find!!!

Good luck with your project!

I never used to be a fan of the KE70, but they're growing on me very quickly!

I've got a jdm inlet manifold for twin 40's i'm not using if that could be of interest to either? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

nice buys guys.

good to see people are still looking after these cars.

i love classics

• 1 month later...

hi guys new to this site, my first car was a kp61 starlet picked it up by pure luck. stupidly sold it a year later, and now after 4 years n driven 200sx's n skylines i want it back. so has ne body got 1 clean or even a ke70 never had 1 but seen a couple up north want 1.

nice to see theres still minters out there to be found

• 1 month later...

Hi do you have a spare steering rack for this car that you would be prepared to sell? Thanks

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!!!

They are finally on!! The wheels I mean :D

Ive been doing a fair bit of work to the little KE over the last few weeks and its really taking shape now!!

Some of the grey stonechip on the doors is now white, the rubber door trims are now off and the wheels have now had a bit of a referb by myself! They are now on the car as from today with a lovely set of Yoko boots B)

Next on the list is to get rid of the rest of the grey crap, sort out the rusty bits on the arches and get the thing slammed!!

The project is slowly ongoing but heres some pics I took over the last few weeks and today............

Enjoy.............

Wheel Referb:

n511144091_123303_187.jpg

n511144091_123305_724.jpg

n511144091_123306_985.jpg

n511144091_123307_1251.jpg

Finally On The Car :-) :

n511144091_123248_8166.jpg

n511144091_123265_2820.jpg

n511144091_123286_8329.jpg

n511144091_123295_714.jpg

n511144091_123299_1765.jpg

n511144091_123292_9918.jpg

how lucky are you mind? ... that looks like a really nice example and im sure that old man would be so much happier to know that his car has gone onto someone that is obviously going to love it and look after it, rather than it sitting in a breakers yard somewhere being broken up bit by bit ...

the silvia looks well lush aswell ...

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links