Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Big Purchase For The Toymota

natt

Well im off to newquay tomorow to collect a set of alloys i won on eBay. aparently theyre off of a 1.3 SR yaris and are hard to come by. although to be fair i know so little of toyotas that they could tell me theyre the only kind in existence and i would have no case to argue :D. Anyway i will get a pic up tomorow as soon as theyre fitted but for now heres a teaser pis of the wheels:

toyotaalloys.jpg

Lovely choice of wheels, I'd have probably bought some for my Yaris but I didn't want people thinking I was trying to make my 1.0 look better than it was

Nothing wrong with a 1 litre!

Absolutely nothing wrong at all!

Go for it, Kev.

Edit: Ah, bit difficult now it's a Golf! :lol:

pics:

Before:

Photo0009.jpg

After: (much beter)

Photo0010.jpg

an whilst im here an playing with the photobucket heres a random pic of my work chariot :P :

Photo0005-2.jpg

so wadya all think? i think they suit the car nicely. gona concentrate on servicing the engine and some minor cosmetics works for now.

Superb. Totally transformed the car. :yes:

Now, get those rust spots sorted out! :thumbsup:

They look lovely, it was a good decision to buy them.

& just to clarify, there's nothing wrong with 1 litres, they're great, what I didn't want to do though was give people the impression that I was trying to make my car look like the higher powered & better spec'd SR, nothing against the 1.0 but the phrase "mutton dressed as lamb" sprang to mind

I dont think there is a problem with putting alloys on a 1.0l just makes them look nicer.

Its when you start putting 'turbo' stickers on the back of an n/a, thats when you have problems.

I dont think there is a problem with putting alloys on a 1.0l just makes them look nicer.

Its when you start putting 'turbo' stickers on the back of an n/a, thats when you have problems.

These are the SR alloys though! It is like putting a 1.3L sticker on a 1.0L.

aw no! not a scania! lol, cant stand the sight of em after i had to fix a dodgy fuel tank on one of them.

driver assured me that he hadnt much diesel in, both tanks and the reserve were topped to the brim, took ages to drain, then when i finally got the straps off the reserve tank decided it had a bit left for me, !Removed! drenched and stinkin!

but the rolla looks a lot better with them wheels on, whats next on the plan?

well like Al J said, the rust spots need sorting, then im after a nice set o sideskirts. nothing to outrageous (sp?) just subtle. i seen a set on a 'rolla gxi i think it was, looked nice. just to tidy the outside up. then its the interior, change the couch like front seats for something that actually holds me in place whilst im cornering instead of clinging to the stearing wheel for dear life. :D not that i drive like a ****** all the time, i just like nice supportive seats. not sure if im gona go mad on the engine, its only a 1.3 at the end of the day, maybe an induction kit but im not sure yet, not gona spend a mint on cams etc. suspension, maybe lower it but not sure cause i still gota get the sprogs n the wife an the weekly shopping in it so dont really fancy scraping the exhaust on every tiny wee bump. :D but never the less im sure to spend (waste in the eyes o the wife :P ) a bit of money on her, just cause i like it an its my first toyota so its gota be special. :D will keep you all informed anyway.

pic borrowed form another thread. these are the sideskirts i fancy for my corolla. are they standard kit for the gxi or are they aftermarket. how would i come about getting my hands on some? thanks.

CorollaGXI9.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links