Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Power Problems At Avensis1.8

patrick

Hello! After some visits to the local dealer I decided they need a helping hand because they don`t seem to know what to do regarding the noises I get from steering the wheel on the parking place. Can somebody give me a piece of advice? What to check or whom to ask? I spend a few hours trying to find an email address. Thank you!

what kind of noise cos you do get an hydralic whoosing noise at low speed :thumbsup:

On the parking place means slow speed and a lot of turning. Check if the noise is only when your wheel is turned all the way. It is probably power steering and its limits. I have the same when I try to push more than it can.

Of course it all depends on the noise itself. But whatever it is it's probably got to do with power steering.

The noise I`m talking about gets only sometimes, while steering when the engine is running without moving the car, and not only at the end of the movement. Thank you for your answers.

So what does it sound like? I get a number of noises, some that should be there like the whine from the hydraulic pump and one that shouldn't. This is an annoying noise from the gator in the bulkhead that the shaft from the steering wheel goes through from inside to outside. It's a rubber gator and makes a horrible sound most noticeable when stationary.

:thumbsup: