Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Problems

jf2404

With my 2003 1.3 T3 Yaris it's starting to make noises.

It's sounds like it's "over revving", at first start up then goes as normal but when slowing down and braking with clutch in, it's making a noise as if I pressed hard down on the accelorator and let it out fast (which i'm not).

Anyone any ideas what it could be ?.

It's out of it's warrenty now.

Cheers guys/gals.

Hi JF,

you are best waiting for somone with more knowledge than me, but from what you have said, it sounds like it could be something simple like a Lambda sensor problem.

The startup sounds like an auto choke problem, which i would assume is controled by the lambda.

It is realy cheap and easy to sort yourself, if im right.

I hope this helps, and i hope im right.

Jay

Thinking about it, isn't the Lambda (air thing) the problems people we're having who filled up with the dodgy fuel ?.

I mainly fill up at Asda and Morrisons and when i heard about the dodgy fuel , I filled up at Esso to mix it up a bit if it was dodgy stuff inside.

Do you think the fuel problem could have caused this to happen ?.

I dont think so. I notice you live in the north east whereas all the fuel problems were associated with the south east. Possibly worth hanging on to any fuel reciepts tho just incase. Also worth making sure everything is connected and sealed properly with the air intake, could be an air leak

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links