Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Key Coding

cubix

Not sure if this has been post already but I was shown last night how to code the key for a Carina-E. I suppose technaly your actually registering the coded key with your ignition which I think has five spaces. So if five keys have been registered and you need to register another one you will need to clear the memory. Anyways if anyone fancy's saving a few bob on getting the key married up with their car give me a shout and i will post it up

On a side note why is there no stickies on this stuff. I did a search for front brake changes but did not come up with anything. Thank fully Gazza came up with the goods, I suppose what I am saying is would it not be easier to have stickies like that one at the top of the page?

Cubix

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'd be interested - I just bought a Carina E 1.8 CD with only one key and alarm fob - so need to get a spare set sorted out.

I don't suppose you know how to programe an alarm fob as well do you? I've got the standard TVSS version.

Cheers

Darren

Not sure about the alarm fob Darren but this is what worked on my 96 1.6 carina-e key. Sit into the car and close the door/ put the key to be coded into the ignition and turn it on and then off 5 times in a row ending with the key in the off position/ once completed open and close the drivers door five times ending with the door in the closed position/then wait for at least 1 minute, I waited for 2 and then turn the car over and all should work

Cubix

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links