Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hks Cams For Ae92

gtpoor

Hi all

I have just bought a set or HKS 272 cams for my corolla.

1)What i want to know is can I just bolt them in and drive the car?

2)Will it tick over properly if not how do I set it up

3)will I need to make any alterations to the fueling?

4)should I remove the TVIS at first or should I leave it until I have driven the car for a bit

The car has a mongouse or scopion mid section and backbox and hopefully a free flowing pannel filter

cheers

Russell

In a word No!!!......

To get the best out them you will need to get it mapped on a rolling road to get the ignition/cam timming set correctly, maybe even some pullies for them a s well.

otherwise not a lot of difference to standard.

:wacko:

Im now thinking about doing a full engine rebuild anyway as the car has now done over 100k miles.

My next question is it worth getting a small port 16v to rebuild or should I just rebuild my big port ?

Im planning on trying to get as close to 170-180bhp as possible without using a turbo or supercharger.

in a word. good luck! the power your looking for isnt going to be easy or cheap and will proberly ruin its road driving.

if your after BHP then go for the large port if your after torque go for the small port on an NA you cant really have both.

your going to need the head porting by someone who knows the 4A-GE and youll need an aftermarket mappable ECU (not a piggy back)

or you can bolt in a S/C 4A-GZE and have that power a lot cheaper, more reliable and easier.

but hats off to you for wanting to go the least trodden route i admire you for it :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

you can drop 272' cams into a non-tvis 4age but the ECU is on its fuel/air mapping limit to cope with them.

but damn they're good :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links