Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2002 Vx Mk2 Rav4 5 Door Auto - What's It Worth?

ahmurray

Hi folks,

I'm in the process of trying to sell my wife's Rav4 to upgrade to a 7 seater (Hyundai Santa Fe) and am not sure what would be a reasonable price.

The car is on a 52 plate (Dec 02), low mileage (31k) and vgc, fsh, etc.

I've got in on eBay at the moment for £9995 (just less than the parkers guide price) but not sure if this is realistic?

Any advice welcome - if you want to take a look at the pics before you reply, the item no is 260098113356.

Any advice welcome!

Cheers,

Ali

• 2 weeks later...

9995 is too dear. Sorry but you are asking nearly main dealer money.

Just sold 2 weeks ago our 2001 51 VX with just 31k up and totally perfect (and i mean perfect) with fully documented Toyota history for £8800. In the 6 weeks I had it advertised I had only 1 serious call and they bought it. I did have a couple of calls with offers of 8k cash though and a guy who worked for renault trying to tell me it was way too dear! I had it up first of all at 9250 then down to 8995. I have to say I was extrememly lucky to sell it at that :yahoo: . Currently locally, theres a 51 with 70k up for 7250 and an 02 with 42k for £8250 both traders. On eBay at the moment theres rtraders with late VX's with 50k on the clocks for £8295 and £8995 buy it now's.

Heres a link to one of our ads.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/129316.htm

I'd put yours (and it would have to be mint) at £9250 to take 9k and at that be prepared to wait. Especially with the tax scare on "4x4's" (and we all know it's not just 4x4's). Boy was I lucky to sell ours just a couple of days before the budget.

Good luck though, I hope it goes well for you and let us know what it finally goes for.

Whitey,

Looks like you are right - after 2 auctions on eBay which failed to meet reserve, I've agreed a verbal offer for £9k, they are coming to collect the car tomorrow (i hope!!!)

I thought they were getting a steal, so I'm encouraged that perhaps its a fair price after all!

Thanks for your help.

Ali

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links