Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Loosing Performance

skyliner34

Hi,

THe last couple of days I've noticed that my T Sport isn't as swift as it used to be. I have to wait for the revs to build up for much longer than usial.

Does anyone know what could be wrong. Ive started to use Shell V Power fuel recently as well, will that cause problems?

It's getting hotter these days so your car will naturally lose peformance but I wouldn't say it's noticeable so I'm not sure what the problem is! :huh:

It's been colder the last few days, but the car is still the same. It's not a massive decrease in performance, but just enough to make the usial short passing spots non usable. Have to play it safe and use the longer straights.

Might be the Redex fuel additive. Might of put too much in the tank maybe!

my T-sport seems to have lost its bite a bit! missing the kick at 3500rpm now. any more info would be good :D its due a service so hopefully might just be that

I've cleaned the maf not long ago. Did make an improvement. Maybe it's dirty again and the car has gone back to it's usial performance, and I've been used to the increased performance of a clean Maf!

Also cleaned the spark plugs when i did the MAF. Might do the MAF again, doesnt take long, 5 min max!

Hope that made sense :blink:

Will give the car some stick this week to see if it clears up! One way to make the drive to and from work more exciting :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any dash warning lights come on and then go off?

my engine warning light came on and off frequently which eventually meant the VVT-I controller went down. the light stayed on in the end.

This causes a loss of power - athough I can't say I really noticed it untill the light came on permenant.

maybe a bit obvious - but nothing blocking the air intake is there - paper / rag etc when you last cleaned it or debris from off the road.

No warning lights and no bloacked intake.

But I did notice something yesterday. While the car was idling, the revs would drop below 1k and the engine wanted to stall, but the ECU kicked in and prevented it tp stall. It would do this every 5 seconds. Whats that about!?

No warning lights and no bloacked intake.

But I did notice something yesterday. While the car was idling, the revs would drop below 1k and the engine wanted to stall, but the ECU kicked in and prevented it tp stall. It would do this every 5 seconds. Whats that about!?

From doing some searching it seems most Yari idle anywhere between 400-800rpm. Usually the revs drop then the computer stabilises it. Shouldn't flutter about too much though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links