Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing - Very Dirty Oil And Filter

rallybunny

I took my car for a basic service last night - 6 months and 4000 miles since I bought it and it was last serviced by the garage I bought it from. I had to do a service now to keep up the warranty, as it hadn't been serviced at a main dealer. The garage I use works evenings, so I was there when the service was done. The mechanic commented that both the oil and the air filter were both filthy, like the car hadn't been serviced in a lot longer than 6 months. I saw the oil coming out and it was a really yucky dark brown. First time I've seen an air filter changed though :blush: as the car I had before had a K&N. Just wondering whether the T-sport does tend to make these items very dirty, or whether it was likely it was not serviced when I bought it?

On the plus side, it was the 1st time I saw the underneath of my car on ramps, and it's very clean for it's mileage. Also had an engine oil flush, and it's running sweet as a nut now too. :thumbsup:

what did your mechanic use for the engine oil flush?

I have been told forte products are very good.

what did your mechanic use for the engine oil flush?

I have been told forte products are very good.

Forte :thumbsup: . When my fiancé had it put in his Skyline on his service a few weeks back, it had such a difference on an emissions test that the car would pass a roadside emissions test after the treatment, even with no cat in. They tested before and after, and it wouldn't have before.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links